Fireteam Has anyone used these spur gears?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Last edited:
DON'T DO IT!!!

I bought a spur gear from them and put it in the wifey stretched typhon with a max 6 + tp 4060 1750kv. It lasted for about a month before one day damn near all the teeth just got ate all the way up. It was worse than my traxxas gear in the XRT.

When it comes to spur gears and pinions be careful with generic offerings. I prefer to stay with Stock or Upgrade Name brands.
Try using an Arrma 46T spur. What I would do. You plan on speed running your FT??:LOL:
Theres plenty of room for larger pinions, before you need go to a smaller spur. I think an 18T pinion might even fit with the 50T stocker FT spur. Hope you have a good fan solution in place already. ;)

When it comes to spur gears and pinions be careful with generic offerings. I prefer to stay with Stock or Upgrade Name brands.
Try using an Arrma 46T spur. What I would do. You plan on speed running your FT??:LOL:
Theres plenty of room for larger pinions, before you need go to a smaller spur. I think an 18T pinion might even fit with the 50T stocker FT spur. Hope you have a good fan solution in place already. ;)
I agree. Don’t cheap out with gears. Depending on what they are going in I only run Saga, Tekno, or Robinson gears. Speed runners get strictly Saga, although I’ve heard good things about SpeedTek(sp?).

DON'T DO IT!!!

I bought a spur gear from them and put it in the wifey stretched typhon with a max 6 + tp 4060 1750kv. It lasted for about a month before one day damn near all the teeth just got ate all the way up. It was worse than my traxxas gear in the XRT.
Thanks man. That’s exactly what I needed to hear.
You plan on speed running your FT??
🤣 I have a big, lower kv motor on the shelf. Need a smaller spur to correct for the RPM difference and use a normal range of pinions.

For anyone curious, it ran 52mph with a 4092 1650kv, Firma 160, and 18T pinion. Motor was cool to the touch.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back