Kraton Has anyone used these wing mounts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_nom_noms_

Steering is for noobs
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
I had my first Kraton v5 whoops tonight. Rolled it end over end under WOT, full speed and bent one of the factory wing mounts.

Before I buy RPM has anyone tried these *slightly* cheaper ones?

Screenshot_20210409-212420_eBay.jpg

So the wing mounts the OP posted are stock kraton exb wing mounts, are the majority confirming RPM wing mounts are better as they are more "forgiving" and will bend with crashes and last longer? I ask for him and myself as I have an EXB lol

Am I missing something here? That is the stock wing mount.
So the wing mounts the OP posted are stock kraton exb wing mounts, are the majority confirming RPM wing mounts are better as they are more "forgiving" and will bend with crashes and last longer? I ask for him and myself as I have an EXB lol
Ah Ninja'd

Thats awkward. I bought a set for US$9.99 landed. My v5 mount took a heavy hit and bent but it didn't break. Ill experiment and see what happens.

In other news today I broke my lower arm but it was the opposite side to the last one I broke so I have a spare.

Praise Jeysus

It the new revised wing mount that is under the same part number as before

I don't know how the v5/exb towers are but on v4's if you ran an aftermarket tower like m2c or JBI the aftermarket wing arms wouldn't fit through the holes in the tower. I tried with rpm and tbone before going back to the stock ones. I haven't broke one in a while now though, but the wing on my kraton takes all sorts of abuse.

Im obviously doing something wrong, did an upside down slide on the blacktop... Riding on just the wing till it hit the grass and flipped back to the tires... Zero wing and mount damage... Am I not sending the v5 hard enough!

I still broke them quickly. The RPM take twice as long to break.
Boil them and they last 3 times as long. ;)

Well, boiled vs not boiled lasted longer for me. I had a stock arrma set snap clean off when landing a jump flat on all 4 wheels. Not sure if I have it on video or not, but it was amusing. Landed the jump and the block I use for a "wing" went flying through the air.

Well, boiled vs not boiled lasted longer for me. I had a stock arrma set snap clean off when landing a jump flat on all 4 wheels. Not sure if I have it on video or not, but it was amusing. Landed the jump and the block I use for a "wing" went flying through the air.

Boil them? Is this true?

Boil them? Is this true?
Seems to help mine. I boil them in water for 10-15 minutes, let them air cool, then install them. I do that with RPM or stock. My current one is RPM. They don't last forever, but I tend to get a season out of them now vs a couple bash sessions before I started boiling them.

I know I don't crash much less than I used to... if anything, my crashes are worse because I've geared up more than I had in the past, so I jump higher/further now and when I crash, there's very little that's "mild" about it. lol!

From what I recall on this topic.
RPM become more flexible after cooking as they maintain the water. More flex can be both good and bad though. Keep in mind that the spring force will now potentially bend/deform the arm in certain places. Could be related to a combination of ambient temps etc.
It definetly has negative effects when below freezeing, for obvious reasons.
No real recommendations on the WD40, I read mixed opinions but everyone has one.

I have yet to break any of my RPM's, only exception was a 50mph crash into the rear from another rig. They do wear out though and changing once a season/year is probably a good gauge. Making them softer would probably make that worse.

I had one of the Arrma HD ones do that too, launched it up about 20-30 feet landed on all 4 wheels and it went flying off. I was like dafuq?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back