Kraton Has anyone used these wing mounts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The EXBā€™s break, the RPMā€™s break. The design is flawed on both. Iā€™d love to try a T-Bone Racing mounts, but theyā€™re never in stock and the POS is not an option here in the states. I have drilled, tapped and went with a bigger bolt through the shock tower. I also added a RPM basher bumper to the rear. Finally I built some braces that run through the RPM bumper and attach through the wing. One run on this mod and so far itā€™s working. Note: no wicked ā€œtumble wumblesā€ yet; thatā€™s the true test. Iā€™ll run a few more packs through and report back if I remember, lol!

The EXBā€™s break, the RPMā€™s break. The design is flawed on both. Iā€™d love to try a T-Bone Racing mounts, but theyā€™re never in stock and the POS is not an option here in the states. I have drilled, tapped and went with a bigger bolt through the shock tower. I also added a RPM basher bumper to the rear. Finally I built some braces that run through the RPM bumper and attach through the wing. One run on this mod and so far itā€™s working. Note: no wicked ā€œtumble wumblesā€ yet; thatā€™s the true test. Iā€™ll run a few more packs through and report back if I remember, lol!
I agree 100%. The design of the wing mount was a carryover from the Team Durango DNX8 iirc. I'm sure it worked fine for racing but for bashing it just doesn't cut it. The T-Bone breaks just as easy as the stock ones do.

I agree 100%. The design of the wing mount was a carryover from the Team Durango DNX8 iirc. I'm sure it worked fine for racing but for bashing it just doesn't cut it. The T-Bone breaks just as easy as the stock ones do.
I appreciate the feedback on the TBR mounts. Iā€™ll steer clear and stick with the cheap OEM or RPM mounts.

I appreciate the feedback on the TBR mounts. Iā€™ll steer clear and stick with the cheap OEM or RPM mounts.
Like I stated earlier ditch the wing and get the Notorious wheelie bar, since I did that I'm averaging 1 Rpm wing mount per year. I usually only break 1 side for some reason always the right one. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I have a TBone in my Typhon but havenā€™t finished building it yet. Waiting on one a arm šŸ¤£

Why did Arrma use team Durango wing mounts?

Why did Arrma use team Durango wing mounts?
It was cheaper to use parts that already existed, the gearboxes and f/r diffs are a carryover from TD as well, and there were some other parts that were the same but I would have to double check the manuals.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back