Kraton Have a Nero - looking at a KratonI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I am new to this hobby since December 2015. I got my 2nd MT last month and decided on the Nero. The Kraton caught my eye back in March but I got a TrMt8e not knowing about 4s vs 6s limits. I am going to get a Kraton now but have to ask why they went from a 180A esc to a 150A. Was it too hot as I've heard - was it prone to that temp cut off from HOBBYWING ? I actually want to go with the 180A and maybe apply some safeguards but there is a reason why they scaled it back....

I am new to this hobby since December 2015. I got my 2nd MT last month and decided on the Nero. The Kraton caught my eye back in March but I got a TrMt8e not knowing about 4s vs 6s limits. I am going to get a Kraton now but have to ask why they went from a 180A esc to a 150A. Was it too hot as I've heard - was it prone to that temp cut off from HOBBYWING ? I actually want to go with the 180A and maybe apply some safeguards but there is a reason why they scaled it back....

The original V1 esc was 180a, not sure the actual brand, but it had issues and some had theirs give off the magic smoke. The new V2 esc is Hobbywing rebrand I believe, it is 150a. I have been running mine hard for a few months, no issues.

The original V1 esc was 180a, not sure the actual brand, but it had issues and some had theirs give off the magic smoke. The new V2 esc is Hobbywing rebrand I believe, it is 150a. I have been running mine hard for a few months, no issues.
Magic Smoke is death knell... I read it overheated and would melt the rear tower. Yes same hobby wing as the Nero Im sure.I also have their MAX 8 Combo in my other MT.

I thought v1 was 180a and new one 185a.... the nero has a 200a.... this is just what i thought... im gonna research it... if 180a was getting hot and smoking why would they put a smaller one in it?... off to the google and arrma site to do some research... i will post pics of screen shots that verify my findings... i want the nero combo in my kraton... ok i m wrong.. the new blx 185 js 150aand old blx 180 is 180a.... i am confused but thats not new... lol... now im thinking i should put my mmx in the kraton its just sitting or maybe mm2 thats in my monster slash.... hummmm.... cant post my screen shots but the info is on thecarrma site.

Last edited:
They are exactly the same but perhaps tuned differently for each suspension. Just got back from MTs with my boy. Olivers really getting the hang of driving 1/8 scale. I keep it civil at 4S 65C. Josh those SPCs are fantastic. They go on and on and on. I found a Costco parking lot this morning - absolutely a dream for speed runs. I had a cop freaking out - he got right on the Armma site too. I'm headed over to the skate park later on. I adjusted my rear shocks all the way back.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 44
I have my rear preload cranked up too, there is only a couole turns left and my front is at about 75%. I changed shock oil too but it appears as i just replaced it with the same as was in it or maybe even lighter... i need to look up stock weight. Yeah them batteries are awesome... i ruined one and immediatley ordered another one to replace it... i jave one new onyx 5400 im trying to sell beacuse i do t want to buy another one but i may any way. They are not bad batteries. What is excatly the same? Nero and kraton are much diffrent... kraton and talion arr almost identical, talion is narrower has smaller tires and is geared higher to compensate for tire being smaller. I think im gonna buy a talion as and race it i found an amazing track 30 minutes from my house. Probabky next month some time, told fiance i would buy her a horse as a wedding presant and we found perfect one last night so i will not have much "fun" money for a couple more weeks while we build a stall ect...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back