Have a Talion. Looking at getting a Typhon or Kraton.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I've enjoyed bashing my Talion so much that I'm looking to pick up another Arrma. I can get a new Kraton or Typhon, but not both!
I'm torn a bit. I originally wanted a Kraton and went for the Talion as I wasn't able to get one at the time. However, now I have the Talion I'm thinking that it and the Kraton are quite similar whereas the Typhon is something a little different.

I'm thinking get the Kraton, take the backflips off my Talion and use the Kraton (mainly) off road. Put Sweep Road Crushers (just arrived) on the Talion and use it (mainly) on road.
Or, get the Typhon put the Road Crushers on it (just watched a video of someone doing this) and use it (mainly) on road. Keep the backfips on the Talion and use it (mainly) off road.

I tend to use the Talion about 50/50 off road/on road so expect to get just about equal usage of both cars whatever I go for.

Opinions from those that have tried them all are particularly welcome.

I was in the exact situation as you, as i have a Talion, and i just ordered a Typhon.

I think that the Kraton is too similar to a Talion. The Typhon (being a buggy) has a great availability for on-road tires, i don't think that the Road Crushers will fit a Typhon well.. but as i said, there are huge options for on-road tires, and even some belted ones, for really cheap.

Thanks, I'm kinda leaning that way as well, but still undecided. Having plenty of cheap tyre choices so less cost to rip it on road is a definite benefit.

I vote typhon. I have a kraton and a losi 8ight buggy. I don't see myself owning both a talion and a kraton as they’re too similar. Kraton only if youre doing huge air and that talion isnt up for it

OK guys, school me...I have a Talion a Kraton and a Notorious ( Outcast ) what's the difference with the Typhon ??? Doesn't it use the Outcast chassis as well or am I wrong ?

My buddy has a Kraton and I literally just got my first Arrma (Typhon) less than a week ago. It depends on what you’re looking for. If you already have a car to bash with then I would definitely go with the Typhon. The handling is amazing and I still use it to bash because I don’t race but just don’t bash it as hard as I would my xmaxx.

I vote typhon. I have a kraton and a losi 8ight buggy. I don't see myself owning both a talion and a kraton as they’re too similar. Kraton only if youre doing huge air and that talion isnt up for it
Gotta disagree with "Taion not being up for big ol jumps. I realize Kraton meant for jumping in description and setup, I've never seen any rc go bigger (and drive away) nor bashetter than my Talion. Kraton is awesome, but Talion my #1

2 kraton,, 1 outcast, Trugified Typhon, I always end up sending that Typhon way bigger and it just takes it! My fav by far! Props "Rich Duperbash" the thing just keeps going.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back