Have to cancel my order Arrma.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deej78

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Due to lack of availability of any spare parts and now uk suppliers now giving a 31st May and even late June for my Typhon V3 I am cancelling my order. What a bummer. Just need to find an alternative now.

A friend had one of these running on a short course track, wasn't quite able to keep up with the MT tires, but when he switched to SC tires, he was with the pack. Long-short, saw this puppy go from super basher to competitive racer with just a tire change.

https://www.prolineracing.com/kits/pro-mt4x4.asp

Yup. My son like to run his Kraton tires on his Kraton at the track (because it looks cool), but it handles like a barge with those tires. Slow to accelerate, slow to turn, slow to stop. Drop on a set of proper truggy tires, and it can hang with the other truggies just fine (to the limits of his driving skills)

Yup. My son like to run his Kraton tires on his Kraton at the track (because it looks cool), but it handles like a barge with those tires. Slow to accelerate, slow to turn, slow to stop. Drop on a set of proper truggy tires, and it can hang with the other truggies just fine (to the limits of his driving skills)
Kraton is 1:8? Doesn't fit on 1:10 track, or at least the tracks I've hit.
The Proline MT is 1:10.
Do you have 1:8 tracks by you?

Yup, My local track is a outdoor, offroad, real dirt 1/8 scale track. Current layout is even 1/5 friendly, so with a 1/8, you can really wind them up and air them out.... :) And yes, the Kraton is a 1/8 truggy with some wide hubs and wheel hexes. Put some narrow Typhon hubs and hexes on it, and you are at regulation Truggy size.

Actually, right now the Houston area does not have a public 1/10 scale track. :( The last one closed last fall. There is a new track opening west of town, but I don't know what size it is. I suspect 1/10, because the shop is a mostly Traxxas shop, but we'll see.

Due to lack of availability of any spare parts and now uk suppliers now giving a 31st May and even late June for my Typhon V3 I am cancelling my order. What a bummer. Just need to find an alternative now.

There's a v3 talion kn ebay right now I know parts are scarce right now but hopefully things will get better soon

The Losi DBLX e is nearly £1000 at wheelspin whereas the Hyper VS is £347. That’s a big difference.

The Losi is also 1/5 scale vs the Hyper which is 1/8.

Point being they are two very different animals.
Yeah I know. I just can't decide which one I want first lol. With the Losi after batteries and replacing the craptastic DX2E I'll be in about $1,200.

The Losi is going to be a serious quality machine. If you have that kind of budget for the Losi then I would be tempted towards a Tekno EB 48.4 as an alternative to the Hyper. It’s a very high quality 1/8 buggy. Not that the Hyper isn’t but it’s components are proper race quality. I was going to get it but after all the electrics it was out of my budget. RC networks did a great build video on it as well.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-...8Kk2_8FHvHrmeemTGF9RWjhCOS5e28I8aAjycEALw_wcB

Last edited:
Yeah I'm thinking the same. I've been waiting so long for an arrma that I've changed my mind, and deposit, from the Typhon v3 to the Kraton and then recently back to the Typhon but now I'm being told June 15th at the earliest. This combined with the seriously stark amount of parts available at the moment and all the unknowns resulting from the company takeover has got me seriously considering removing my deposit and buying something different.

I really like the look of the hobao vse. Does anyone here from the UK own a hobao? And if so how do you find it for parts support and availability?

The longer I'm into rc cars the more I come to realise the importance of good parts support. In fact that lesson has come so apparent to me that I've even allowed the disgraceful thought of buying a traxxas enter my mind just for the ease of parts availability. Wow, can't believe I just said that lol.

So far out of all the parts I’ve ordered from Wheelspin or Modelsport the only part I’ve had to wait for is the metal chassis lower arm braces as the plastic ones aren’t up to the job. Everything else I’ve needed are available and in stock. Hobao also have their own parts site and I’ve yet to see something not available. If you do go for The Hyper VS just be aware that the diffs have grease in them and not Oil and the stock shock oil is to thin for bashing.

My brother just got a pro mt 4x4 i like it a lot but if you want a truggy type thing that can compete i would go tekno. I need a basher and a race machine. You can't satisfy the itch of one with the other

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back