Senton Having problems, with slipper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan__Rc1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Senton 3s
So the slipper clutch screw will not tighten fully, and if i put the spur in the power module, it runs fine out of the car, but when I connect it to the car it makes a screaming noise, I think something is wrong with the slipper clutch, I have no idea, and it’s insanely frustrating.

Sounds like you tightened it too much and it stripped out The retaining nut or the slipper hub itself so you need a new hub or rebuild kit. Not sure which one, I’ve never stripped a slipper hub I’m so careful with tightening them. Someone else should be able to confirm.

When you’re tightening these things don’t tighten them down all the way. Stop when you begin to feel slight resistance and test run it. If it’s too tight there will be no sound and it’ll just rocket off. If it’s too loose it’ll scream like you’ve heard. If it’s just right it’ll chirp briefly then engage.

CE4864FF-DC8D-4C05-9EA6-349DBCC38ED3.png

5BCD55A7-594B-4989-8CB5-A82AA0D5645E.png

Sounds like you tightened it too much and it stripped out The retaining nut or the slipper hub itself so you need a new hub or rebuild kit. Not sure which one, I’ve never stripped a slipper hub I’m so careful with tightening them. Someone else should be able to confirm.

When you’re tightening these things don’t tighten them down all the way. Stop when you begin to feel slight resistance and test run it. If it’s too tight there will be no sound and it’ll just rocket off. If it’s too loose it’ll scream like you’ve heard. If it’s just right it’ll chirp briefly then engage.

View attachment 221045

View attachment 221046
yeah, i think so, ill get some new things for it, but this car is such a pain if you do one thing wrong, and they make parts so expensive, but thanks

So the slipper clutch screw will not tighten fully, and if i put the spur in the power module, it runs fine out of the car, but when I connect it to the car it makes a screaming noise, I think something is wrong with the slipper clutch, I have no idea, and it’s insanely frustrating.
I stripped the slipper clutch hub screw by tightening it too much. I haven't had that issue since adjusting my slipper like on the first video. Also I did the bearing reinforcement trick like on the second video. Watch both. You should be good to go with those two tricks :

Check to make sure nothing else is binding in the drive train. The clutch will slip it there's resistance like a binding differential.

yeah, i think so, ill get some new things for it, but this car is such a pain if you do one thing wrong, and they make parts so expensive, but thanks
Of course it is a pain. If you don’t know what you’re doing most things are. That’s why you educate yourself. Watch YouTube repair/maintenance videos, read the manual, read the posts at the top of the 4x4 section and ask questions here. Most of all you have to be patient and understand that some things will go wrong…there will be difficulties. Its the nature of the hobby, most any hobby. If you stick with it you’ll learn.

Jennysrc.com Is a fantastic source of affordable stock parts. Especially if you’re in the states. Check it out. Best to keep the car stock while you’re learning. Don’t try to do any fancy upgrades because many upgrades make matters more difficult. Once you know the car and learned how to drive it you’ll see what parts you need to upgrade. Good luck man, don’t get frustrated, it’s just the price of experience.

Of course it is a pain. If you don’t know what you’re doing most things are. That’s why you educate yourself. Watch YouTube repair/maintenance videos, read the manual, read the posts at the top of the 4x4 section and ask questions here. Most of all you have to be patient and understand that some things will go wrong…there will be difficulties. Its the nature of the hobby, most any hobby. If you stick with it you’ll learn.

Jennysrc.com Is a fantastic source of affordable stock parts. Especially if you’re in the states. Check it out. Best to keep the car stock while you’re learning. Don’t try to do any fancy upgrades because many upgrades make matters more difficult. Once you know the car and learned how to drive it you’ll see what parts you need to upgrade. Good luck man, don’t get frustrated, it’s just the price of experience.
I've done just about everything that you can think wrong. It has cost me a lot of money and time. Now I take things easier 🤣. I'm no longer in a hurry to go run my rigs. I've been very lucky, since I confess, that besides tightening the bolts all over my new RTR purchases, that's all I've done. And I have bought like 20 of them 😱😁

I've done just about everything that you can think wrong. It has cost me a lot of money and time. Now I take things easier 🤣. I'm no longer in a hurry to go run my rigs. I've been very lucky, since I confess, that besides tightening the bolts all over my new RTR purchases, that's all I've done. And I have bought like 20 of them 😱😁
Dude…did you see what our weekend into Monday is going to be like?!? Good grief 🥵

58AD15FB-EF6B-4880-8BD3-B59E8794AF1C.png

Get a 6s rig. Problem solved.:LOL:
I have many slippered rigs years past. Gave up on them. Seems old school and cheap. Besides always being a PIA, being a slave to them.
Some have the patience for them. And the wallet to match
Not me.:rolleyes:

Dude…did you see what our weekend into Monday is going to be like?!? Good grief 🥵

View attachment 221102
I would still go out there if I had the chance! Heck, I've seen people bike riding and playing basketball at the park when it was 96F outside. I thought I was the only crazy one out there. And I'm wearing tactical pants, work boots and inner A shirt and a shirt on top for mosquito and RC protection 😱😁.

Anyways, sorry OP for getting off topic. Watch those videos! They helped me a lot with my Granite. You really have to adjust your slipper correctly. If you don't, you can break stuff, including your plastic driveshafts (that happened to me too).

The screaming noise, usually a high pitched whining noise under normal circumstances, is the slipper clutch activating. As said above, you'll probably need to rebuild it. That is one of my least favorite parts on the 3s rigs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back