Having RC withdrawal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
After renting for ten years, my family bought and moved into a house a little over a week ago. The move was a disaster: we had way more stuff than we thought we had (ten years of accumulation), so there are piles and piles of unpacked boxes in the detached garage sitting waiting to be unpacked. The movers only marked the boxes with the room or area they came from (i.e. basement), and nothing about the contents within. We have to open each box to see what is in it, and that's going to take some time. We had to buy some stuff we needed right away because we haven't been able to find it in the boxes. I've found most of my RC stuff, and I hope to finally get back to running at least some of my RC vehicles this week. My Typhon 3s will probably be the first one running.

I moved a few years ago and when we packed we sorted stuff before we packed it (and got rid of some clutter) and labeled the room for each box the box number and the contents. We still have about 5 boxes we have not unpacked. :ROFLMAO:
My wife is an "accumulator", which isn't exactly like a hoarder. We had boxes that haven't been unpacked since our last move ten years ago. I can't convince her that if we haven't used it in ten years we probably won't ever use it. And we have a bunch of stuff from her older sister, who passed away several years ago. Fortunately, we have a 12' x 32' shed in the back yard that most of the stuff we decide not to unpack can go to.

I did set some of my RC stuff aside and told the movers not to pack that. Unfortunately, they did pack some of the stuff I set aside before I caught them. I've found all my RC stuff except one vehicle, which is somewhere in one of the numerous large boxes marked "basement". Hopefully it won't be too long before I find it.

I don't know what's worse, packing, or unpacking, but I know wich takes longer! :ROFLMAO: I understand your pain.

I swear if we ever move again the house sells with everything in it, it would be easier to start fresh. o_O

I moved 3 years ago and still have mountains of boxed stuff. It's a nightmare because lot of it wasn't labeled because of circumstances. Still have stuff I can't find.

I moved recently too. Pretty much everything in a box went into that black hole called the basement. I'm taking bets now on how long it will be before they're opened. :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back