Typhon Having to drop back to 1/10th scale today race at local off road track.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddogsandenglishmen

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
....but not giving up on my 6S Typhon, way too much fun! Guess I’ll find out what 2S LiHV Track racing is all about now! Schumacher Cougar Laydown is the 1/10th buggy, 2WD and awesome to drive I’m told!
155A968E-1909-4EB2-88B5-60C0A7692137.jpeg

1/10 2SHV is pretty fun! I'm running the AE B74.
So much more work setting up the 1:10th buggy to race rather than just bashing the Typhon, huge learning curve but getting on the pace at the track now. Local off road track is Astro turf, so correct set up for track conditions is essential. All good fun.

In turn, there is so much more work building a nascar, trophy truck, etc to race than just driving a normal car down the street.

I think most race tracks are 1/10 and 2S. While the Typhon is a great basher, it's not a racer and doesn't meet the requirements to race (1/10, 2S and weight). Kinda like bringin a knife to a sword fight. There are 1/8 tracks out there, as well as 1/7, etc .. and open racing.

'Racing' a 1/10 is no different than 'racing' a Typhon. You will have people that dial them in and drive the snot out of them (experts), then you have the mid grade drivers, then the amateurs. In general, bashers want to see how high they can go, how much their vehicle will take and how much they can .. bash.

I guarantee if you can setup and drive a racer, you'll be an even better basher.

It absolutely is .. all good fun. When it's not fun, it's time to refocus .. or give it up. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back