Typhon Having trouble going in reverse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaxnDabs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey everyone, so I'm trying out my new V4 6s but it doesn't want to go in reverse. Is this a common issue? The fail safe works because I leave the car on and turn off the transmitter and it stays still. My throttle trim and steering trim are in the middle. While throttle rate and steering rate is turned all the way down. Has anyone come across this issue how can I fix it? Thanks in advance

If your throttle limit is set to 50% or 75% reverse won’t work

Hmm now when I turn it on with the settings I have set, it only seems to go in reverse. It doesn't want to go forward. Do you think I have to re bind the transmitter to the esc?
1559512884765880047669220220858.jpg

Hmm now when I turn it on with the settings I have set, it only seems to go in reverse. It doesn't want to go forward. Do you think I have to re bind the transmitter to the esc? View attachment 39907
Why is your throttle rate all the way down (to the left) and your limiter at 50?

Why is your throttle rate all the way down (to the left) and your limiter at 50?
I haven't gone outside to test it all I'm in doors it's on top of a stool lol. What should my settings look like so? I switched my throttle back to (N)ormal, but now I'm stuck not going in reverse again.

I haven't gone outside to test it all I'm in doors it's on top of a stool lol. What should my settings look like so? I switched my throttle back to (N)ormal, but now I'm stuck not going in reverse again.
TH RATE should be all the way to the right. Same with ST RATE or close to all the way. Do you have a manual?

TH RATE should be all the way to the right. Same with ST RATE or close to all the way. Do you have a manual?
Alright I adjusted that now. Yeah I'm reading it right now but I am confused. I thought it was RTR out of the box but reverse wont work, so I'm looking at the Throttle set-up directions but I cant even get that to work the right way.
15595136758172966023592357598787.jpg

TH LIM has to be set at 100% for your reverse to work
The best way to understand your trims if your having trouble understanding the manual is to go outside and adjust them and see what the truck does

Alright when I set it at 100 it starts going in reverse by itself lol. I'll need to take another look at the manual I need to leave the house for a while but when i get back I'll figure this out!
15595144370856406126899207842176.jpg

if it goes in reverse by itself you have to adjust the throttle trim, that's what it's there for.

It almost sounds as if you need to re-calibrate the throttle.
This video will show you how to do that in the first part.

Adjust your throttle trim
You guys were right I was messing with it till I got it to work. With these settings it seems like it's going well!

Attachments

• 15595206392671993185437098615195.jpg
    15595206392671993185437098615195.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 95
Do you know what TH LIM is?
Its throttle limit right? It's the first time I have an RC transmitter with it I'll admit that. All my other transmitters never had that feature it is new to me.

Its throttle limit right? It's the first time I have an RC transmitter with it I'll admit that. All my other transmitters never had that feature it is new to me.

And you want to run at 75% power?

And you want to run at 75% power?
For my first run yeah, I'm driving to an open space park in a little bit.. I just wanted sure how to set it up to my liking because I don't have space here at home. :( so at the park I can even do 100% lol

So I figured out my problem. I just had to mess with the transmitter a little bit to get it to work. It runs so smooth and fast on the stock gear running 6s. I love it. Thanks for the support everyone!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back