Granite Having trouble with wheel alignment (i think?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philistine

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all
Ive had a granite blx 4x4 for a few weeks now and out of the box, the front wheel alignment was a bit wacky.
It kept pulling to the right and was impossible to drive in a straight line.
Anyway, ive finally gotten my hands on a wrench small enough to adjust the turnbuckles and have corrected the toe & camber to steer straight and add a little more stability.
Driving forwards is now straight af, but reverse pulls really hard to the left and i cant figure out why!

anyone got any pointers?
The camber on the rear wheels looks pretty even.... should i look harder?
Could it be an issue in the drivetrain maybe?
(Im new to all of this)

thanks in advance

Hey all
Ive had a granite blx 4x4 for a few weeks now and out of the box, the front wheel alignment was a bit wacky.
It kept pulling to the right and was impossible to drive in a straight line.
Anyway, ive finally gotten my hands on a wrench small enough to adjust the turnbuckles and have corrected the toe & camber to steer straight and add a little more stability.
Driving forwards is now straight af, but reverse pulls really hard to the left and i cant figure out why!

anyone got any pointers?
The camber on the rear wheels looks pretty even.... should i look harder?
Could it be an issue in the drivetrain maybe?
(Im new to all of this)

thanks in advance
You need to make sure both turnbuckles are the same length on the left and right sides of all three sets. If one is longer than the other, weird things happen.

I notice with both my 3S 4x4s that goosing it means it pulls. Dunno why. Setting the steering can only be trouble shot at lower speeds. Both our trucks pull to one side when accelerating extreme like. I think it's something to do with the action of the rear diff. Totally normal. Set your steering trim at low speeds. These models will always pull when you really give it.

Could not agree more. My steering used to "wander" from left to right after it got up to speed and I was always trying to adjust the steering trim. I installed a new servo, servo saver, and steering mechanism (I don't know what you call it but it connects to the servo saver and then to the wheels). It totally fixed the wandering but it still pulls when I gun it wide open throttle. I've concluded that it has to do with the diff but I'm not going to mess with it. I know what it does and how it pulls, so I just make steering adjustments while I am driving it. I think it adds to the fun because it forces me to actually "drive" my truck rather than just gun it and watch it go in a straight line.

Thanks all
Yeah, im making/testing adjustments at low speed.
Def Not expecting it to hold a straight line at warp 10 without some input from me hahah
Especially when you notice how much wobble the wheels have when spinning freely (as in, if you hold the car off the ground)
The thing that’s got me confused though is the reversing quite substantially to the right... even at low speed

The reason the truck pulls one way under hard acceleration, is the same reason that one tire on a full sized vehicle will spin with an open diff, when you gun it(unless it’s a gutless wonder).... the differentials let the tires spin at different speeds, and with an open diff, the wheel with less traction gets more torque. Even at this small scale, rotating mass exerts force on the entire car/truck.... blah...blah...blah....science and s@*t...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back