Notorious Having troubles installing Notorious front bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rip King MC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Yet again, more problems! When I was installing a new front bumper on my Noto, I wasn't able to get one of the screws in. It will barely go in, then most spin without going any further. This is as far as it will go in:
IMG_20200806_000953161.jpg

PLEASE HELP!

Loosen the two front screws holding the bumper in and try tightening the bottom bolt again.

Those two front screws got stripped. I looked at HH for them, but it seems like there are HUNDREDS of screws on the website that look the same, and I can't figure out which one is the one I need. Does anyone know? If so please let me know.

Last edited:
I took off the two front screws, but it still won't go in. I even took off the bumper and it still won't go in.
IMG_20200811_171929944.jpg

If there was absolutely no way I can get it in, would it be OK To run the truck without it?

Yet again, more problems! When I was installing a new front bumper on my Noto, I wasn't able to get one of the screws in. It will barely go in, then most spin without going any further. This is as far as it will go in:
View attachment 93146
PLEASE HELP!
Stupid question but can you screw it in without the bumper? Make sure there is no fluids of any kind in there since fluids are uncompressable it would be like hitting a rock.

Basically, since it scrrews in to plastic on the stock part there shouldn't be an issue with cross threading so much but the biggest problem will be something stuck in there or like FatCat said, the holes not lining up...

Also, best to not run without screws that secure the drive train to the chassis ;)
I took off the two front screws, but it still won't go in. I even took off the bumper and it still won't go in.View attachment 93895
Looks to me like the metal part has holes too wide for the plastic...may be that you have the wrong part on there?

Stupid question but can you screw it in without the bumper? Make sure there is no fluids of any kind in there since fluids are uncompressable it would be like hitting a rock.

Basically, since it scrrews in to plastic on the stock part there shouldn't be an issue with cross threading so much but the biggest problem will be something stuck in there or like FatCat said, the holes not lining up...

Also, best to not run without screws that secure the drive train to the chassis ;)

Looks to me like the metal part has holes too wide for the plastic...may be that you have the wrong part on there?
No, I can’t screw it in without the bumper. I think it’s just not lining up properly, but since the other screw is still able to screw in, that confuses me.

No, I can’t screw it in without the bumper. I think it’s just not lining up properly, but since the other screw is still able to screw in, that confuses me.
If ypu cannot screw it in to the part without anything else there is either the screw is not the right size or there's something in the hole...never screw a hole without checking it's clear first ;) :p

Dry fit everything before setting any screws. When you do put screws in tighten them in a cross or circular pattern.

Do I have to use Loc tite when putting them back in?
no, no loctite on plastic. You seriously just need to loosen off those other 3 bolts and that screw will thread right in trust me. The reason it won't is because something is slighty cocked to one side, yes the other 3 screws are in but that doesn't always mean the 4th will line up and thread in. Always thread in all 4 bolts before tightening any of them fully. That goes for your shock towers too. Trust me just back those other bolts out a bit and that female dog will thread right in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back