Hawk attacks squirrel during rip session

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Natures way. :ROFLMAO: We were at the coast one time, and I was watching this heron creeping in super slow motion. I grabbed my camera and got as close as I could to see if I could get a good photo of him, when suddenly BAM! He snatched up a gopher and gobbled him down.

26104257237_fa02997fd8_b.jpg

at the park bashing and a hawk attacked a squirrel like 50 ft away. I've seen an eagle flying with squirrel but never a hawk attack one ..pretty crazy

That's awesome, perfect timing! I seen a Great Horned Owl take out a large skunk in daylight a few weeks ago, that was incredible! I had to look it up, they apparently cant smell and enjoy skunk meat. 🦉

Isn't that a Falcon? Hawks are usually much larger than that. Sometimes it's so hard to tell.

Last edited:
Isn't that a Falcon? Hawks are usually much larger than that. Sometimes it's so hard to tell.
Not sure? Here in the midwest we mostly have chicken hawks.🤷‍♂️.but I was like 50ft away an I saw bird diving an the fight was on squirrel Was squealing.bird flew on top of pole ate um up.im 40 yr old an that was a first for me.i do now squirrels around here tough little rats.HAWKON MADE QUICK WORK ON THE RAT..and the Mojave with buggy paddles so fun

Screenshot_20210124-101850_Google.jpg

Not sure? Here in the midwest we mostly have chicken hawks.🤷‍♂️.but I was like 50ft away an I saw bird diving an the fight was on squirrel Was squealing.bird flew on top of pole ate um up.im 40 yr old an that was a first for me.i do now squirrels around here tough little rats.HAWKON MADE QUICK WORK ON THE RAT..and the Mojave with buggy paddles so fun

View attachment 122133

It's hard to tell to be honest. I always thought hawks were a bit bigger, just basing off the size of the light, but it could very well be a young hawk.

Our hawks around here are huge mostly red tail hawks, we also have a lot of turkey vultures, golden eagles and bald eagles.

Last edited:
Based on the video, I think it's a Squirrel Hawk, indigenous to the Rocky Mountains and known to hang out with Rocky and Bullwinkle.

1611512532508.png

Got a pick of that fella yesterday in a frickin Target parking lot lol...

View attachment 122149

Shopping for squirrel tators, no doubt.

Just to be clear I have no idea either way.

I saw this dude chilling behind my work one day. He has 4 friends that hang out with him sometimes back there too.

Just to be clear I have no idea either way.

I saw this dude chilling behind my work one day. He has 4 friends that hang out with him sometimes back there too.
Beautiful bird.they are true killing machines.amazing eyes,speed,size,beaks,and TALIONS..

We get a lot of those really deadly mockingbirds! :ROFLMAO: This one hangs out in the front yard alot.

47061406304_06f2e57503_b.jpg

Mostly get Red tail hawks here, caught a shot of this one out at our rc flying spot.
32688171488_27c2b0c56a_b.jpg

Had bird feeder for years but had to take them down because of hawks, once they find the spot they will hunt there every day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back