Hawx' Kraton 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She pushes 30 pounds after upgrades. It doesn’t help that 8 pounds of her is in tires and wheels ????
06AB42B6-DB9D-46BA-8581-B1F4EA77EAB5.jpeg

That’s with batteries as well...

Finally upgrades came in and are finally installed. I’ll post a video soon.

I must say, I can’t think of a better overall build for the Kraton. I have yet to have issues and she is fast. I clocked her at 53 over grass, and 61 on the road.

83A1BE3F-3169-4C9B-ADB3-B3922F3E33A6.jpeg

Since I went with a 39t I needed the fast lane motor mount for better secure fit. Nothing wrong with the M2c and holding the slide with 2 screws, but 4 screws is always better.

I am disappointed to find the castle fan made of plastic. Was hoping the housing was aluminum to act as a heat sink as well.

F2EA197C-4263-407B-9053-D1E616D02C3D.jpeg

Everything fits great. The Spektrum 780Kv motor is impressive. It would be nice if the ESC had more juice to handle the demand, but I rarely find my self needing full throttle. The fast lane mount won’t allow the spur gear cover due to the pinion. Looks cool without it. As an added note, the fast lane mount does allow you to use the original chassis screw over the shorter screw the M2C mount comes with.

Finally upgrades came in and are finally installed. I’ll post a video soon.

I must say, I can’t think of a better overall build for the Kraton. I have yet to have issues and she is fast. I clocked her at 53 over grass, and 61 on the road.

View attachment 65047
Since I went with a 39t I needed the fast lane motor mount for better secure fit. Nothing wrong with the M2c and holding the slide with 2 screws, but 4 screws is always better.

I am disappointed to find the castle fan made of plastic. Was hoping the housing was aluminum to act as a heat sink as well.

View attachment 65048

Everything fits great. The Spektrum 780Kv motor is impressive. It would be nice if the ESC had more juice to handle the demand, but I rarely find my self needing full throttle. The fast lane mount won’t allow the spur gear cover due to the pinion. Looks cool without it. As an added note, the fast lane mount does allow you to use the original chassis screw over the shorter screw the M2C mount comes with.
You can run the spur gear cover if you trim it. That's what I did. I think it's a good idea to have it on there ? I weighed my truck with batteries and it came in at 29lbs flat. My 6S Kraton with batteries is 14 pounds ?

Thanks! I’ll be trimming it down. I like running my battery cables under the t2t brace as I think it gives a cleaner look and less likely to get damaged. Without the cover I can’t really do that.

man if yours is at 29 than those trenchers don’t add as much weight since mine is at 31 ? . Unless that 780Kv weighs less than expected.

I got more vids I haven’t posted yet, but here is the latest. Finally ran across a few dogs that weren’t afraid of a truck as big as them...

Feel free to subscribe to my channel. I post more than just Kraton videos. I have drone, and RC plane videos as well.

Thank you all for following my build thread. More updates soon, as I’m collecting parts to swap out Spektrum gear with the HW combo I have....thinking of building a mini Kraton the size of a 10th scale, but with 5th scale internals hehe....

Here are two more videos of my Kraton. The first is the first run after fixing the ballooning issue. It has a speed run at the end... The other is my backyard here on Okinawa.

I also have drone and RC plane footage. Feel free to check out those videos as well. I think the only RC I don’t have is a boat and a helicopter lmao...

I swear I break screws way to damn easy. Had the knuckle steering screw snap, and they were on back order. WTF! Ended up getting the stainless screw kit from RC Screwz. Only replaced the one screw for now, cause I got the SWB chassis from M2C on the way. Once I get that, I’ll through in the HW Max5 combo I have and replace the rest of the screws...

Here she is on fresh cut and wet grass. Trenchers don’t give a F’ about the ground...

While I’m waiting for parts to arrive, I put together another Kraton and X-Maxx clip. I’m sure ya’ll will enjoy this one...

It sure does now that you mention it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:! Of course there was no intentions of actually hitting each other. Just what happens sometimes.

It sure does now that you mention it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:! Of course there was no intentions of actually hitting each other. Just what happens sometimes.
Seemed like they were opposing pole magnets ? ???

Hello all,

I'm starting a thread here to share my Kraton 8S build. I don't plan to do anything extremely crazy, but I want to document what I do with mine and share it with you all.

I plan to stick with spektrum tech for now to utilize the telemetry capabilities. If the power or use of the capabilities is underwhelming I have a max5 combo on standby.

My current setup is stock with a paired Spektrum Rugged radio. I used the spektrum ESC programmer to bump it up to 8.4v and punch to 5. I also disabled AVC. I also run Proline Impulse wheels with their trencher tires.

I have the M2C chassis and motor mount. Spektrum 780Kv motor and 9020 servo. I have the bigger servo box, and 29t spool gear to use as the pinion. I have 20mil and 2.5mil diff fluid on the way, 5mm sway bar for front and rear on backorder. Also have a light kit for it on the way as well.

With the gain in weight I plan to replace the shock fluid with 1000cst instead of 500cst and also order new springs from Arrma rated for 22Ibs/in for the front and rear (they on back order too). That should help it land better without risking bending or breaking the shocks.

I don't plan to do speed records or crazy stuff with it. I just want to get the most out of it and have fun doing it and having a reliable machine. So far this car has been a tank, and I haven't experienced a bent chassis yet. I did bend the center chassis brace when it hit a concrete slap on the windshield though.

I look forward to your responses and your thoughts as I share my experience with you all.
Sounds good man. Your absolutely right. Feom my experience once you start throwing huge power and speed in these things other stuff starts to break. Don't get me wrong it's still a blast but costly and I have no patience when it comes to a bash day and I'm waiting on parts lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back