HD Shock Ends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TooTall

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Nero
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
When you guys use the HD shock ends from the big rock, and the HoBao cups, are you using the regular Nero shaft or using the Big Rock shaft that is 3mm longer?

TT

is this place dead? I see views, but no responses? the big rock kicks ass, F Trax"ASS"!!!!

I have them on my Big Rock, but I am pretty sure people have also put them on their Nero's. Once thing to note about them though it that Arrma changed up their rod ends and shock ends at the beginning of 2017. A lot of people were complaining about them breaking to often. So since March 2017 Arrma has been selling v2 rod ends and v2 shock ends that are slightly bigger. I still have my original shock ends from 2016 and the Hobao shock cups fit on them perfectly. I have spoken to a few other members on the forum here that have purchased the Hobao cups and have the v2 shock ends, they have told me that they fit, but they require a small amount of alteration to make them fit right. As far as I know they are still by far the best option for shock cups on the Nero platform though. As for the shock shafts from what I have seen from other people it depends on if you plan on jumping a lot or not. If you want your Nero to fly like a quadcopter, which they can do, then you will probably want to get the HD shafts also.

I have them on my Big Rock, but I am pretty sure people have also put them on their Nero's. Once thing to note about them though it that Arrma changed up their rod ends and shock ends at the beginning of 2017. A lot of people were complaining about them breaking to often. So since March 2017 Arrma has been selling v2 rod ends and v2 shock ends that are slightly bigger. I still have my original shock ends from 2016 and the Hobao shock cups fit on them perfectly. I have spoken to a few other members on the forum here that have purchased the Hobao cups and have the v2 shock ends, they have told me that they fit, but they require a small amount of alteration to make them fit right. As far as I know they are still by far the best option for shock cups on the Nero platform though. As for the shock shafts from what I have seen from other people it depends on if you plan on jumping a lot or not. If you want your Nero to fly like a quadcopter, which they can do, then you will probably want to get the HD shafts also.

hd shock shafts? part number, and I have the newer big rock, just bought, I ordered the Hoboa cups set like you recommended, do I use the lower ends on my shocks, or just the retainers from that package? also the V2 ends, if you have a part # would be great, don't wanna order wrong stuff, I posted somewhere , I get 4-5 days off a month THATS IT, 14-16 hours hard labor, thats why all the questions, wanna get the order in today, or else, forget it....

what shock oils are you using, while were on subject, and did you change pistons? I have tiny sets that I can open any hole in a piston like 1.2 1.3 name it, I have these tiny hand bit I use for my 1/8 offload, so if opening the stock pistons to a certain size is same thing, please lmk size, I am running the truck full suspension like you, so im assuming you've done plenty of testing and you know what works and doesn't

this is a build for my son, he's dying, but hey, patience, TEACH EM YOUNG!!!!, while tomorrow im back 100 stories up in NYC, slinging metal for new buildings all damm day, hahahaha

The big rock already has the HD shafts, mine is a regular Nero, so I was asking if I need to change to the HD shafts to use the HD ends from what I can tell the answer is no.

I haven't messed with the shock oils yet, hopefully someone else can chime in and answer that.

TT

I have only changed 2 parts on my shocks. First is the spring retainer, Arrma part #AR330409 is a 2 part set the retainer and the rod end. I replaced only the spring retainer, I still have my original Arrma shock rod ends. Second I put the larger 75mm springs on my shocks. Other than that I have not made any other changes to the shocks. However, I will let you know I do not jump my truck. Honestly so far I have been going more for look than function with my Big Rock. So if you want a truck that can handle 20-30 foot jumps you probably want to ask some one else how to tune the suspension. That is just not what I have been doing with my truck. Also I bought my Big Rock in Nov. 2016, so yes I have the HD shafts, but I also have the v1 shot shaft ends. Arrma updated the shock and push rod ends in 2017 and made them slightly bigger. I only mention this because I have talked to a couple of people who have bought Big Rocks in late 2017 and the Hobao spring retainers had to be modified to make them work with the v2 shock shaft ends. The modification was to take a body reamer and widen the spring retainer at the bottom. A pretty simple mod, but if you want something that will work out of the box with no alterations, I don't believe the Hobao spring retainers fit directly onto the v2 shock ends.

I have only changed 2 parts on my shocks. First is the spring retainer, Arrma part #AR330409 is a 2 part set the retainer and the rod end. I replaced only the spring retainer, I still have my original Arrma shock rod ends. Second I put the larger 75mm springs on my shocks. Other than that I have not made any other changes to the shocks. However, I will let you know I do not jump my truck. Honestly so far I have been going more for look than function with my Big Rock. So if you want a truck that can handle 20-30 foot jumps you probably want to ask some one else how to tune the suspension. That is just not what I have been doing with my truck. Also I bought my Big Rock in Nov. 2016, so yes I have the HD shafts, but I also have the v1 shot shaft ends. Arrma updated the shock and push rod ends in 2017 and made them slightly bigger. I only mention this because I have talked to a couple of people who have bought Big Rocks in late 2017 and the Hobao spring retainers had to be modified to make them work with the v2 shock shaft ends. The modification was to take a body reamer and widen the spring retainer at the bottom. A pretty simple mod, but if you want something that will work out of the box with no alterations, I don't believe the Hobao spring retainers fit directly onto the v2 shock ends.

Wich do you run the Kraton?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back