HD shock rod ends too wide for spring cups?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VerticalChallenge

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Nero
  4. Typhon 6s
After breaking a 6s shock end by badly landing a jump, I picked up the HD ARA330608 variety. I was surprised to find the wider diameter rod end didn't seem to fit into the HD spring cup. Calipers confirmed the taller HD spring cup had the same diameter as the original shorter non-HD cup. With enough force I can open up the spring cup to fit the HD rod end, but it's not a satisfying fitment. Is this expected, or should there be HD spring cups that are properly designed to take a wider rod end?

Both cups were 5/1000 tighter than the original rod end (.270" vs .275"), but the HD rod end is considerably larger at .315".

If you look closely at the assembled shock, you will see the cup splayed open a bit.
1633275455983.png

spring cup measured.jpg
hd rod end measured.jpg

Yes, I noticed that before also. I found the HD rod ends don't fit the stocker balls. Have you checked this yet?
I run the Tekno rod ends with the acompanying Spring retainers. I like them better.
If you can get it to fit, give them a try. I believe those HD ends were originally from the Arrma Nero rig. FWIW.

Yes, I noticed that before also. I found the HD rod ends don't fit the stocker balls. Have you checked this yet?
I run the Tekno rod ends with the acompanying Spring retainers. I like them better.
If you can get it to fit, give them a try. I believe those HD ends were originally from the Arrma Nero rig. FWIW.
I use the Tekno rod ends on all of my 1/8th shocks. I think the HDs were from the Nero as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back