Heads up! Tower Hobbies has the Nero on sale!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PPS-RC

Very Active Member
Vendor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Nero
I was on the fence about jumping back into RC, but sometimes it just takes a good sale. towerhobbies.com has the neros on sale for $100 off all styles, including the Big Rock (snagged).

You can still use discount code 014bh for an additional $74 off.. bringing the Big Rock down to just under $600 shipped.

Also, if this is not allowed it's sometimes easier to ask for forgiveness than permission haha.

Looking forward to getting mine in the mail (by Friday!)

Waiting on the Fazon

Attachments

• IMG_3204.JPG
    IMG_3204.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 48
Waiting on the Fazon
Didn't even see that one. no matter though. With what I want to do, I'd still have chosen the Big Rock . the Fazon has 1.3" of ground clearance vs the Big Rocks 2.5, and I really am looking forward to snow driving.

The Fazon is essentially still the same truck, and I'm sure there will be a part or two I'd like to swap. I'm almost certain the main difference will be a different shock pushrod length and springs, plus a wheelie bar. with the weight difference of the Big Rock, I almost suspect that the Fazon doesn't have the same HD drive shafts or socks, and uses the Nero units. again, strictly speculation. If they are HD, I'll be all over them in the future, as Red Anodizing is what caught my attention to the Nero family in the first place.

Didn't even see that one. no matter though. With what I want to do, I'd still have chosen the Big Rock . the Fazon has 1.3" of ground clearance vs the Big Rocks 2.5, and I really am looking forward to snow driving.

The Fazon is essentially still the same truck, and I'm sure there will be a part or two I'd like to swap. I'm almost certain the main difference will be a different shock pushrod length and springs, plus a wheelie bar. with the weight difference of the Big Rock, I almost suspect that the Fazon doesn't have the same HD drive shafts or socks, and uses the Nero units. again, strictly speculation. If they are HD, I'll be all over them in the future, as Red Anodizing is what caught my attention to the Nero family in the first place.
Agreed- 100%. The neros height sits in between and i just need the front and rear posts to fit either shell. It's almost like I can be all three!! Sure is tempting to get a non diff brain Nero for 499$. That's a sick price for that chassis. I was actually more inclined to the outcast for the stunts but I would go with a new Nero chassis at same price. I just my 10 year old the HPI Ken Block 1/8 scale for xmas. He might get the Outlaw too.... I might also just throw some badlands on the Senton for more height and pretend it's an outlaw ... decisions..decisions. Hey - congrats on the big rock. I'm sure you will love it!! Love how its big like xmaxx but waaassasyyy faster. If you look close / you will see those big rock shocks in front of the Nero...I swapped them and then when I broke a front shock on the Kraton - I used two of the Nero shocks for the front..

Attachments

• IMG_0178.JPG
    IMG_0178.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0238.JPG
    IMG_0238.JPG
    463.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Sure is tempting to get a non diff brain Nero for 499$. That's a sick price for that chassis.
Actually, at 499, Tower has a discount code (014BG) for $60 off, for 439 out the door. that's even tempting for me, even if it is only for spare parts or red bits of aluminum, spare body and an extra set of tires. hmmm

Actually, at 499, Tower has a discount code (014BG) for $60 off, for 439 out the door. that's even tempting for me, even if it is only for spare parts or red bits of aluminum, spare body and an extra set of tires. hmmm
You will get $78 off if you pay the $4.99 for the super saver club before you buy the Nero.

Earlier this morning my Dog woke me up to go out. Then about an hour later my Wife woke up, and I was telling her about my last post here.
Then I just threw out..."I ordered that new Arrma R/C that came out", (referring to the Fazon) and all she did was grin and shake her head.
Then said to me, "You need supervision"... o_O So I guess that means it would be sort of OK for me to order one?
What do you guys think? LOL :confused:

Sounds like you need to place that order now, the deal ends soon haha
I do really like the Fazon, but for what I do, I was actually checking out the Kraton, or my 2nd choice would be the Talion.

I was just watching a few videos from the Aussie R/C guy and I like the way he handles that Outcast. Tires seem to grip well on that BMX track and it DOES look cool!!! My Wife better get home before I do something to make her mad. LOL

Too late!

I just cancelled my fazon order with tower. It arrives today and I'm sending it back. I am also sending back my outcast that arrives on Friday. After buying a Kraton, Senton and HPI Ken block 1/8 scale rally car in the past two months - I THOUGHT I would be treated right. I saw in the tech notes that for fazon - Arrma has included HD UJs from the big rock. So I ordered it last week. When josh got his a few days ago - we both noticed that it DOES NOT come with the heavy duty links. So they sent josh a set as a courtesy. Good company - That's all I hear. So I was shocked when they told me today to to go kick rocks. I am sending my fazon back - it arrived today. On principle - I will also be returning the outcast that arrives on Friday. I can buy these vehicles elsewhere. I have plenty already and my Nero runs fine and have the big rock HD shocks. Both the Ken block rally car and the outcast are for my son for xmas. Can get the outcast anywhere and don't want to continue to do any further business with tower hobbies. Beware!!!

I just cancelled my fazon order with tower. It arrives today and I'm sending it back. I am also sending back my outcast that arrives on Friday. After buying a Kraton, Senton and HPI Ken block 1/8 scale rally car in the past two months - I THOUGHT I would be treated right. I saw in the tech notes that for fazon - Arrma has included HD UJs from the big rock. So I ordered it last week. When josh got his a few days ago - we both noticed that it DOES NOT come with the heavy duty links. So they sent josh a set as a courtesy. Good company - That's all I hear. So I was shocked when they told me today to to go kick rocks. I am sending my fazon back - it arrived today. On principle - I will also be returning the outcast that arrives on Friday. I can buy these vehicles elsewhere. I have plenty already and my Nero runs fine and have the big rock HD shocks. Both the Ken block rally car and the outcast are for my son for xmas. Can get the outcast anywhere and don't want to continue to do any further business with tower hobbies. Beware!!!
Sorry to hear they gave you a hard time...

Sorry to hear they gave you a hard time...
Well well well. Maybe hobbyco people were the wrong folks to ring up. Just got this from tower directly.

Dear Tower Hobbies Customer,

I am sorry to hear about the inconsistency with our product information. As much as we try to keep everything current, we are not always notified of running changes to products in order to make these changes. Unfortunately I am not sure whom you might have spoken to regarding this issue previously as it looks like your original email had not yet been replied to. We were working with our product manager and waiting for their response on what options we could offer before responding.

Your email suggests that you might have called regarding the issue in the meantime. Regarding the answer that you were given at that time, that information is correct. Ordinarily we are not able to provide parts as part of running changes on products. Most of the manufacturers that we work with advertise or prominently indicate on their retail boxes that parts and components are subject to change. With the understanding that there are some limits to our responsibility when manufacturers make certain changes and that we are not obligated to provide any parts as a result of these changes, I can ask my supervisor to make an exception for you as a one-time courtesy.

If I am going to ask them to gift you the heavy duty universal joints, please confirm that this is the item that you are needing:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=&FVSEARCH=ARAC4058

We appreciate your time and business.

Marissa

Tower Customer Service

Info/mla

NOTE: This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the intended recipient you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

Wow, I guess they are afraid this story might get around and did right on the order for you! Great news...
I'm sure they have people checking the Forums as there are plenty of them out there!!!
I hope it all works out for you Julian...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back