Kraton Hear a popish sound

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmyn71

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
I have a Keaton 6s and hearing a popping sound when going from forward to reverse by the center diff just rebuilt and new pins and gears I’m puzzl

I have a Keaton 6s and hearing a popping sound when going from forward to reverse by the center diff just rebuilt and new pins and gears I’m puzzl
Usually popping or clicking is the ring gear in fr/rr diffs skipping on the pinion. Are the ring gears new? Might sound like the center diff but it's probably the rear diff. Can you take a video for me?

Usually popping or clicking is the ring gear in fr/rr diffs skipping on the pinion. Are the ring gears new? Might sound like the center diff but it's probably the rear diff. Can you take a video for me?
Ring gear new but my input gear was stripped not my pinion
Should I shim the output and if I do I'm afraid it's going to hit the diff housing my aluminum housing already has markings

Should I shim the output and if I do I'm afraid it's going to hit the diff housing my aluminum housing already has markings
srry input gear. If the input gear stripped the ring gear is toast too. Even if it was new. If it was in the case with the stripped input gear and than ran the ring gear will be damaged now. You gotta shim the lest side of the diff (ring gear side) more. Or add one shim behind input if it will let you. Buy new ring and input and re shim.

srry input gear. If the input gear stripped the ring gear is toast too. Even if it was new. If it was in the case with the stripped input gear and than ran the ring gear will be damaged now. You gotta shim the lest side of the diff (ring gear side) more. Or add one shim behind input if it will let you. Buy new ring and input and re shim.
I can't shim my ring gear it just bends a shim and if I shim the output it hits the housing I have hot racing aluminum diff case no room to shim

I can't shim my ring gear it just bends a shim and if I shim the output it hits the housing I have hot racing aluminum diff case no room to shim
I have one too and yes you should be able too. So something else is up. It won't let you behind the input but it will let at least one if not 2 In the ring side.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back