Notorious Heat sink and fan compatible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakeaowen15

Reaction score
I have a Notorious V4 BLX, and would like to get a heat sink and fan, but I can’t tell if I can put a fan and connect it to my esc, can anyone find if my esc would have a connection for a fan?

It’s the ESC fan that has a jst splitter on the Firma 150A.

You can run directly to receiver auxiliary as well for BEC voltage

I have a Notorious V4 BLX, and would like to get a heat sink and fan, but I can’t tell if I can put a fan and connect it to my esc, can anyone find if my esc would have a connection for a fan?
Skip the heatsink. Just get 1 or 2 40mm fans and a holder. You can just plug it directly into your receiver. (y) 😁 ✌️

This is on my Typhon, but same concept.
20221006_224027.jpg

Screenshot_20230115_123415_Amazon Shopping.jpg

There are some fans that plug into the battery connectors and some that plug in to the RX port. The issue of using the battery directly is you could run 4S or 6S and the fan has to work with that voltage range. However, it's probably better performance.

If you install it to the battery directly, you will need to solder a lead to your ESC power connector, or use adapter (below). The adapter is easy, but eventually comes apart or breaks.
1673805197580.png

If you use a fan the plugs into the RX it always gets the same voltage and on most systems the default RX voltage is 6V. However, it's generally lower performance.

If you want to go that rout, assuming you have stock electronics, you'll need to verify it, the stock ESC (SPMXSE1150) has a fixed BEC voltage of 6V. So yeah, just find a fan that fits your motor and runs on 6V.

1673804250779.png

@Smilinbri

I just noticed in your photo you've still have your stock ESC casing under my 40mm fan adapter..

Did you get my memo on a "ESC Casing Delete Standoffs" I've made..?
I remember seeing something like that from ya', but the current setup is working great for me! (y) 😁 ✌️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back