Notorious Heat sink and fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakeaowen15

Reaction score
I got a 6s outcast v5 exb and a v4 notorious BLX, and I ordered a heat sink and fan for my outcast. My outcast already comes with a heat sink but I’m going to switch it out, will the heat sink for a outcast v5 fit the motor on my notorious v4?

I got a 6s outcast v5 exb and a v4 notorious BLX, and I ordered a heat sink and fan for my outcast. My outcast already comes with a heat sink but I’m going to switch it out, will the heat sink for a outcast v5 fit the motor on my notorious v4?
yes

Yup. If you are looking for fans the Rocket fans are a nice upgrade that do not need any serious mods. You can find them on Amazon or other. I find the stock heatsink to be pretty good. Just needs better fans on top.

The stock motor cans are 4070 sizes ,so yes they will swap, no problem.

I would not put a heatsink on the BLX185 motor as the motor can is already a heatsink in and of itself. Smooth can motors like the Firma sure toss a heatsink on them, but the ribbed can motors like the BLX185 a heatsink is not a good idea, why it only comes into contact with a very small portion of the motor can and creates voids between the ribs that trap in heat. For the BLX185 you want something like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/1250891120...CFmJTAFtH-B0ATuIRA8noSWPX9ALP0mbnSapWgZKRKUhM

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back