Kraton HEat treating motor mounth to stop bending??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I was looking on the internet if you can harden alluminum mine is quite weak now because i unbended it a few times now. But could this be a good idea? Would like to know your opinions

I was looking on the internet if you can harden alluminum mine is quite weak now because i unbended it a few times now. But could this be a good idea? Would like to know your opinions

Hardening metal makes it more rigid. So while it will be less likely to bend, it will be more prone to snapping. Both have it's advantages and which would be better for a motor mount I couldn't say, but at least when something bends you can usually bend it back.

50$ motor plate lel
With some things, paying 3-4 times more than stock is worth it when it works and lasts. Any time a part makes it stronger and less likely to cause me to wrench on it, or cut a bash session short... I'll pay the $.

With some things, paying 3-4 times more than stock is worth it when it works and lasts. Any time a part makes it stronger and less likely to cause me to wrench on it, or cut a bash session short... I'll pay the $.
The only motor mount i found was the adjustable one from arrma and the hot racing. But they are both alluminum so..

The only motor mount i found was the adjustable one from arrma and the hot racing. But they are both alluminum so..
The aluminum one from Arrma is billet meaning it is a solid piece instead of cast which is melted Down into a mould, in theory it would be much stronger then stock

The aluminum one from Arrma is billet meaning it is a solid piece instead of cast which is melted Down into a mould, in theory it would be much stronger then stock
Ohhhhh oki
But im sacred that the more might untight itself causing pinion and spur destruction... don't ask me why because i had this happen to my other rcs in the pass.. always moving the mesh

After all i think this is the only solution to the motor plate bending in my case the hot racing one failed first nose crash from 6 feets
Im really dissapointed i trew 3 motor plates20$ each

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back