Mojave Heavier Spring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ đź‘Ť
Having almost all the 6s rigs, the Mojo is very different by comparison. Unique the way it drives. took me a few packs to understand the weight bias etc.,
But will not get bored with it as you learn to drive it better. I feel it is one of the most durable 6s rigs. Not perfect for sure. Not a big air jumper like many get disappointed to learn. Especially if its their first rig. Arrma designed it to be driven more as a scale SC rig. That's how it should be driven.
Small jumping is great and fun. Learning its traction roll limits is fun. Just need to run it for 15 -20 packs and you will feel better connected with it.

I may have over done it on my Mojave. With the 8s electronics and a roll cage it’s seems like that added a substantial amount of weight and messed up the factory setup. Now I’m running in the dark a bit trying to determine what springs will be best.

I feel ya. With my Lim for example, I wanted a harder spring all around. I had no choice but to buy all of the option springs. Because it is actually trial and error. And every single rig is slightly different and we all drive different and have different expectations of our rigs. Sprung weight is one issue, but with that then comes shock pack. (changing out to slightly thicker oil to acommodate the the change in spring rate) Not always necessary. But another tool to dial it in. I alwys start with spring rate first, if offsetting weight is the object. Many just thicken the shock oil first. Not really correct.
Since the EXB Mojo came out, it was obvious that larger ESC's and motors alter the weight considerably, hence the 6 Mojave springs options Arrma offers to accommodate these variables. It's hard for me to say which springs to get first. Focus on the end of the rig you feel is heaviest first. Perhaps just focus on a higher spring rate over stock. If you measure the diameter of the spring with a caliper, the thinner coils are the softest springs. FWIW.
When I raced at the track, I needed to have the whole set of springs in hand to fit and test, for best setup ultimately. And for different tracks. Here it is the same concept.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back