Kraton Heavy bashing lipo battery case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConanDan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I am interested in making a homemade bashing case for my Lipo batteries.

As we all know, these batteries are not cheap! I used a second battery tray (the battery tray that the battery sits in as stock) that covers the top but it does not provide enough protection for heavy bashing. See Pic below.

All ideas welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    812.5 KB · Views: 129
I just put Kydex over my soft packs. You can get sheets of it on E-Bay. I use the carbon fiber looking Kydex. It cuts, grinds easy, and bends (with heat gun). I double side taped it right to the sides of the battery...it should help if something hits and tries to puncture it. I'm still experimenting with it.

Get .080 Kydex...you can form it right around. They make an epoxy for it also. Look on Holster building material suppliers. For gun holsters.

I just put Kydex over my soft packs. You can get sheets of it on E-Bay. I use the carbon fiber looking Kydex. It cuts, grinds easy, and bends (with heat gun). I double side taped it right to the sides of the battery...it should help if something hits and tries to puncture it. I'm still experimenting with it.

Get .080 Kydex...you can form it right around. They make an epoxy for it also. Look on Holster building material suppliers. For gun holsters.
Thanks Vanning, do you have any pics yet? If so, please post. Would love to see it!

That's on my 6S brick.

batt_zpsuva5ziok.jpg

Here are the mud flaps. That dip is so you can adjust the turnbuckle and also so it doesn't hit this body.

mud_zpsetobrvxr.jpg

I am interested in making a homemade bashing case for my LiPo batteries.

As we all know, these batteries are not cheap! I used a second battery tray (the battery tray that the battery sits in as stock) that covers the top but it does not provide enough protection for heavy bashing. See Pic below.

All ideas welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
That was on my very first pack. By the 4th pack the rest of the case split open. Ive used layers of electrical tape with superglue in between and it has really helped maintain whatever rigidity of the pack is left.

Attachments

• 20160928_192722.jpg
    20160928_192722.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 59
I am experimenting with HeatShrink I tried 100mm on a 4s Lipo but it needed too much heat to shrink and nearly ruined the battery. Think I am going to try about 60-70mm instead which should help.

That's on my 6S brick.

batt_zpsuva5ziok.jpg

Here are the mud flaps. That dip is so you can adjust the turnbuckle and also so it doesn't hit this body.

mud_zpsetobrvxr.jpg

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing.

I'm experimenting with Kydex and other things...

Here is my first prototype. It's a heavy plastic container with a lid that is removable. (I threw the lid away) It fits over the stock battery tray like a dream!

http://www.containerstore.com/s/gif...h-brushed-nickel-lids/123d?productId=11002331

I dremeled a few ventilation holes and cut a section out that faces the front of the car for the battery wires. I also dremeled a slot for the spur gear just in case. I will let you guys know how it holds up and how it protects!

See pics below.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 72
Great ideas! Thanks for sharing.

I'm experimenting with Kydex and other things...

Here is my first prototype. It's a heavy plastic container with a lid that is removable. (I threw the lid away) It fits over the stock battery tray like a dream!

http://www.containerstore.com/s/gif...h-brushed-nickel-lids/123d?productId=11002331

I dremeled a few ventilation holes and cut a section out that faces the front of the car for the battery wires. I also dremeled a slot for the spur gear just in case. I will let you guys know how it holds up and how it protects!

See pics below.

Nice work .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back