Kraton Heavy frontal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shockwaver

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
That's right! Xmas frenzy end up in a frontal crash with a wall... without the TBone still on its way to me:banghead:. The wall clearly lost the match:D but the beast got some maj... ehm minor issues too:D
And just to be sure... the plate is bent right?
IMG_0968.JPG
IMG_0972.JPG

Just 2 questions more... Any special needs for the grease to put in the diff boxes before I'll re-close them with the chassis (I'd prefer not, so I can get it from any hard store). I noticed the screws of the motor red and black bridges were glued (loctited?) what should I use when I will lock them back in place?

Thank you for your time guys and...
AN OUTSTANDING XMAS TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!!!!:D:D

Oooh! Nice one!

I personally like blue lock tight for ease of removal as opposed to red. Just make sure it is dried before running. Also don't put to much on and do not use lock tight where screws thread into plasic.

As far as the diffs. I use silicone diff fluid. I like the tunability of it and I believe it is superior than just grease. It is also cheap and a bottle goes a long way. Just my opinion...

A bit of a search around this forum and others will yield a plethora of info on the subject and what weight to run or what grease to use.

Good Luck!

Are you asking about diff fluid or ring and pining grease? For ring and pinion, I use Lucas red and tacky. Inside diff housing I use 100 thousand in front, 200 thousand center and 80 thousand in rear

I personally like blue lock tight for ease of removal as opposed to red. Just make sure it is dried before running. Also don't put to much on and do not use lock tight where screws thread into plasic.
Perfect! Thank you!

For ring and pinion, I use Lucas red and tacky.
That's right I was talking about the external grease (inside the plastic box containing the diff itself). As for the inner I go with personal preference weight of oil.
I wonder what are the requirements the grease has to meet for this application, so I could buy it from some local store without it needing to be some particular brand/model...

I use Loctite synthetic Viper Lube. Seems to work well. Seems to be thick enough but not too thick. I pack the case pretty full also. Helps keep sand and water out. I almost want to tap a grease fitting on the front of that case, but that was just a thought. That may get messy or cause issues.

Darn! Both of them not available in this god-forgotten country!:mad:
Gotta go with a similar...

... and as a noob I wonder how I will remember which screw will go where (except for the flat heads of course) when the pieces will arrive and I'll patch her back up...:oops:
I guess (hope) a few tries will do.
It serves me right! Next time I'll pay more attention and memorize what I'm unscrewing where...

Last edited:
... and as a noob I wonder how I will remember which screw will go where (except for the flat heads of course) when the pieces will arrive and I'll patch her back up...:oops:
I guess (hope) a few tries will do.
It serves me right! Next time I'll pay more attention and memorize what I'm unscrewing where...
Take some pictures of the disassembly then you have a reference for re assembly.
The manual also has pictures of where everything goes.

Moving on...
I broke one of the two locks of the ESC.

IMG_0990.JPG

Of course I don't want to replace an almost-brand-new-perfectly-working ESC just for that!

Hence, noob question of the day... Any particular glue? Or will I just go with common multi-purpose loctite?

Thank you guys for your time...

Moving on...
I broke one of the two locks of the ESC.

View attachment 4920

Of course I don't want to replace an almost-brand-new-perfectly-working ESC just for that!

Hence, noob question of the day... Any particular glue? Or will I just go with common multi-purpose loctite?

Thank you guys for your time...
Use 3m Extremme two sided sticky tape.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back