Vorteks Heavy New Vorteks better lifted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drjt

Reaction score
Dang this thing is so much heavier than the first 2wd blx (which was my first rc crush... ripped 64mph and wheelies all day)... I'm looking forward to the durability but the weight is concerning to me... and the looks seemed weak and toy like to both myself and my daughter (whom I pawned buying it off on, lol), so we tried lifting the body a bit and adding shock spacers... and IS IT JUST US? Or does that make the truck look way better?

Not sure if it will affect durability of the body/posts... or handling... doesn't seem to change much body compression by hand... shocks may actually feel better (still plush)... and I'm sorry but it finally looks like a hobby truck to us now, rather than a Deer RC from amazon...

Anyone agree or not? Here's lifted and not pics...

20210919_222947.jpg

Screenshot_20210919-225130_YouTube.jpg

20210919_222756.jpg

ara4305v3t3_a00_sq37298p.jpg

If you like the high body look, then good on you. Half this hobby is making our cars better for our own needs.

Back in the day, I raced 1/10 stadium trucks, so I like the low-slung look of the stock Vorteks. I own a Granite now, and lifting the body is not bad, but also makes me want to add bigger MT tires. But then you have a Granite... :)

As for the shock spacers, if you are running mostly on rougher ground and jumping, then they are good to add. If you are mostly on smoother ground and roads, keep it low, it will handle better.

It's a stadium truck, not a monster truck. I think that it looks much better lower. It will probably handle noticeably worse lifted like that too due to the higher COG. Doesn't hurt to experiment with it though. Try it for a while and swap it back if it doesn't work.

Dang this thing is so much heavier than the first 2wd blx (which was my first rc crush... ripped 64mph and wheelies all day)... I'm looking forward to the durability but the weight is concerning to me... and the looks seemed weak and toy like to both myself and my daughter (whom I pawned buying it off on, lol), so we tried lifting the body a bit and adding shock spacers... and IS IT JUST US? Or does that make the truck look way better?

Not sure if it will affect durability of the body/posts... or handling... doesn't seem to change much body compression by hand... shocks may actually feel better (still plush)... and I'm sorry but it finally looks like a hobby truck to us now, rather than a Deer RC from amazon...

Anyone agree or not? Here's lifted and not pics...

View attachment 170141

View attachment 170142

View attachment 170143

View attachment 170144
Um…not so good. Along with the look, maxing out your stock shocks may stress out suspension parts as well as throw it off balance. It’s a ST, not an MT 🙄

Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen (and ladies?)... I'm not surprised... I understand the response and agree in theory... and I love the defensiveness of Arrma... I'm a fan boy myself... but taste and loyalty aside, I think our heads might be too inside the "stadium truck" box thinking and we're missing the design of this truck and what it really offers, which in my obervation might be something new...

Hear me out if you care to... you don't know me, but I've designed a number of successful concepts and I'm seeing this truck in new light... maybe a whole new category... it's like when crossovers first came out... try to see something here that I'm seeing... let go of the stadium truck mindset and the brand auto-defense... pretend you don't know arrma and this wasn't labeled as any category of truck... look at this vehicle with fresh eyes and open minds to see what it really wants to be... that's what I did, as we do in conceptual design... and a bit of university physics... but it doesn't take much math or engineering to see it isn't a truck used in a "stadium"... unless its a new type of crossover 8th/10th scale dirt track brutal obstacle high performance racing stadium... aesthetically also, it's not in ANY category yet defined... definitely not a low slung stadium truck... also not a truggy, monster truck, nor speed truck... so what if we tweaked it a bit to see if we could bring out it's character... that's what I attempted without changing anything other than what it came with... I did NOT alter it's natural performance at all as some of you implied... IT'S STILL STOCK as Arrma intended and what I adjusted is all included!! Raising the body posts (provided) 1cm won't affect center of gravity on a 7lb rig... and a number of reviews have used the spacers (supplied) to prevent chasis slap... I'm not the only guy who put spacers on... I understand not doing that to a true stadium truck... but what this truck DOES NOT have is the low slung stadium truck look... that's the biggest disappointment in fact if you loved the original Vorteks... if it was low slung, I'd be in heaven and wouldn't dare raise it... I think some of us are afraid to admit the initially disappointing height of this truck... it fails miserably to look at all like the old low slung vorteks or any racing stadium truck ever made... in truth it looks like a cheap knockoff deer RC car unstead of a hobby grade race truck... put it up next to a deer rc from amazon and you'll see, whether you want to admit it or not... until you take the body off, it could easily be an $89 walmart special to any average onlooker... BUT!!! What if it's something new??? So my daughter and I just went another way with it... and to my open-minded observation, it looks more natural with more defined character and attitude... and no, nothing close to monster truck... not in looks or design or performance... What I've done is aesthetic, gentlemen... performance is not going to be affected negatively unless you're on a carpet track or maybe maybe maybe doing speed runs... and this heavy truck would suck on a standard 1/10 scale race track...it's not that kind of a track racer... and for bashing, reviews show improved performance with the spacers... so I'm thinking the heavy 4x4 Vorteks is now something totally new... a crossover vehicle that will come to have its own dominion of performance and its own characteristic look... I'm still jonesing, like my daughter, for a real stadium truck... lightweight, 3 to 4lbs, 2wd, directional front tires, 2-3s brushless, and low slung like a race buggy (like the vorteks IS NOT)...

But as I stated I'm a fanboy... and the original vorteks was my first RC crush, so I had to get one... I hesitated a good while because of it's out of category design... but I'm really glad I did because I think I found a brand new category of vehicle... while this 4x4 Vorteks is NOT really a true stadium truck, and not really a truggy, and not quite a monster truck, it looks like it might be an awesome whole new breed of racing/bashing/jumping vehicle, with awesome toughness for cross-purpose performance...

I hope you guys can see what I'm seeing... let go of the stadium truck mindset, stop auto-defending the brand, and look at this truck with fresh eyes and open minds to see what it really wants to be...

I'm going to try some on road tires next... Any suggestions?

Go Arrma...
Dr. J

Last edited:
Do whatever the heck you want, for whatever reason you want, these things are adjustable for a reason.

I took the heatsink & motor fan off my Vorteks, put Typhon bumpers on it, run it only on 2S and put on Losi high performance shocks on it. Nobody else would do these things, but I'm not interested in their opinion. I like it much better now, and it accomplishes what I want.

Last edited:
Um…not so good. Along with the look, maxing out your stock shocks may stress out suspension parts as well as throw it off balance. It’s a ST, not

Do whatever the heck you want, for whatever reason you want, these things are adjustable for a reason.

I took the heatsink & motor fan off my Vorteks, put Typhon bumpers on it, run it only on 2S and put on Losi high performance shocks on it. Nobody else would do these things, but I'm not interested in their opinion. I like it much better now, and it accomplishes what I want.
Wow, cool 😎 got any pics or video? I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to like with it... thanks, brother!

I bought it because it's not a MT, I perfer it slammed for what I do with it, like onroad, unrutted offroad, short grass and jumps.

I put a Big Rock body on my Senton and sold the stock body because it was an oversized parachute that sucked in dirt. It now looks like a short arm Big Rock with space saver tires. I don't care that it looks a bit strange, still runs like a SCT.

This hobby allows us to do what we want.

That's the nice thing about rc cars, you can hobble together a bunch of parts from different vehicles and make something completely different.
This is a mix between a Hot Bodies D8T and a HPI Vorza Flux.
20200126_221923.jpg

That's the nice thing about rc cars, you can hobble together a bunch of parts from different vehicles and make something completely different.
View attachment 170284
Sweet. I am partial to C hub chassis platforms.

I put a Big Rock body on my Senton and sold the stock body because it was an oversized parachute that sucked in dirt. It now looks like a short arm Big Rock with space saver tires. I don't care that it looks a bit strange, still runs like a SCT.

This hobby allows us to do what we want.
Pics?
View attachment 170284
Vorza was the first high power buggy I'd ever seen... I was blown away by the brutality of how guys were bashing it... funny how those things stick with you...

Pics?

Vorza was the first high power buggy I'd ever seen... I was blown away by the brutality of how guys were bashing it... funny how those things stick with you...
I did eventually fully convert it over to a Vorza, thing was a tank sans the rear body mount. Was pretty much the only thing I broke other than a couple of rod ends on the shocks, I broke 4 of the rear body mounts.

20200429_211457.jpg

Exactly. Do your own thing. Experiment.
I started building my Senton 6s up into a Senton EXB 8s for one purpose. Join the 100mph Club. Yet I don't want a speed runner. I wanted an insanely fast parking lot ripper. And experimenting with it, I made an insanely fast parking lot drifter. Most of what I did makes no logical sense at all. Like drooping it so low that I have maybe 3/8s of shock function. Who does that? Yet it allowed a benefit I wasn't thinking of. It's almost impossible to tip it over. It will just slip and drift rather than tip. And yes, I know almost voiding my shocks can lead to unfortunate accidents. I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back