Senton Hello family!! some help to choose the best pinion gear for Senton 6s v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cris

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello Arrma family, I come today with you to share a question I have about what is the best pinion gear for the senton 6s V3. It comes with 14t and in the box contains 16t to upgrade. Some time ago I read in a review that they could recommend 17t but I would like to know their experiences. I bought Yeah Racing Black 1/8 Aluminum Motor Heat Sink W / Dual Cooling Fans YA-0261BK to improve heat dissipation. Its use will be for road and low grass in flat areas. Thanks for participating

The stock 14T is way low. The 16T is better. 16 and 17T are really perfect for the truck. I run a 19T but sometimes have to take a break and let it cool towards the end of my run.

The stock 14T is way low. The 16T is better. 16 and 17T are really perfect for the truck. I run a 19T but sometimes have to take a break and let it cool towards the end of my run.
Thank you so much! Do you know what is the difference on speed 17T vs 16T and heat?

There’s no way I would run a 19t. The only one you should ever run is 18t. OMG I can’t believe this guy ?????

? <- me + ?

There’s no way I would run a 19t. The only one you should ever run is 18t. OMG I can’t believe this guy ?????

? <- me + ?
Lmao I’m happy I saw this after someone made it clear you were joking. I was so confused when I first read it ?
Thank you so much! Do you know what is the difference on speed 17T vs 16T and heat?
Sadly, no. I jumped from the factory 16 to a hobbystar 19. My issue now is tires.

Lmao I’m happy I saw this after someone made it clear you were joking. I was so confused when I first read it ?

Sadly, no. I jumped from the factory 16 to a hobbystar 19. My issue now is tires.

right... i was too.. lol

Do you have any issue with heat? Heat sink 2 fan is good?

90° to 98° F summer
40° F winter
Now 64°

90° to 98° F summer
40° F winter
Now 64°

if you run a whole pack out while bashing then you will have heat issues in summer.... i tend to just jump trucks so i don't overheat ever... it depends on how you bash... if you like to run bmx tracks for 15 min at a time in summer then you will have heat issues no matter what pinion you run...

if you run a whole pack out while bashing then you will have heat issues in summer.... i tend to just jump trucks so i don't overheat ever... it depends on how you bash... if you like to run bmx tracks for 15 min at a time in summer then you will have heat issues no matter what pinion you run...
Thank you so much
Thank you so much
With 6s lipo and 17T on road this get 65 mph?

I put a 16t in my Senton 6s , seems like a perfect speed (it's fast) , no overheating whatsoever , but I am only running it in parking lots right now , have it set up with sway bars , lowered it , and the Dboot Hoons on it , what a fun truck like this !!!! However with that said , as the weather is colder now , I myself was going to try an 18t !!!

I put a 16t in my Senton 6s , seems like a perfect speed (it's fast) , no overheating whatsoever , but I am only running it in parking lots right now , have it set up with sway bars , lowered it , and the Dboot Hoons on it , what a fun truck like this !!!! However with that said , as the weather is colder now , I myself was going to try an 18t !!!
Sound great, please let me know when you try 18T

It all really depends what type of bashing around ur doing. I’ve been known to toss my 22t in for speed runs and messing w ppl but not w the 50 spur obviously.
In my opinion 14-16 w the 50 are for beginners. Once u start playin w mo powa n speed it can get expensive losing control and breaking Ur stuff so get very comfy w ripping the 16t w stock center lsd then maybe spool it and see whatcha think. I’m still trial and error trying to find the absolute best gearing for the senton. Ones I like so far are all spool spurs In the mid 40’s w 18-22 pinion on 2200kv. ***be sure to have proper cooling and temp reading capabilities or u will toast ur esc and or motor!!!*** do some basic gear ratio googling & have at it!!
please repost which combo you like!! Oh and upgrade ur steering servo if you’re gonna start bashing in the 60+mph range. Upgrade bearings.. etc.
Sound great, please let me know when you try 18T
Got any pics up of this conversion? You still using the senton body!? I’m back and forth from black top to dirt to grass so I’m toying w the gearing as well w 2.2 -2.9 wheels.
Got pics? U still using the stock senton body w their set up? I’m trying to find best combo ratio on 2.2 - 2.9 wheels. Love the 18t.

Running in grass will cause more heat.

It all really depends what type of bashing around ur doing. I’ve been known to toss my 22t in for speed runs and messing w ppl but not w the 50 spur obviously.
In my opinion 14-16 w the 50 are for beginners. Once u start playin w mo powa n speed it can get expensive losing control and breaking Ur stuff so get very comfy w ripping the 16t w stock center lsd then maybe spool it and see whatcha think. I’m still trial and error trying to find the absolute best gearing for the senton. Ones I like so far are all spool spurs In the mid 40’s w 18-22 pinion on 2200kv. ***be sure to have proper cooling and temp reading capabilities or u will toast ur esc and or motor!!!*** do some basic gear ratio googling & have at it!!
please repost which combo you like!! Oh and upgrade ur steering servo if you’re gonna start bashing in the 60+mph range. Upgrade bearings.. etc.

Got any pics up of this conversion? You still using the senton body!? I’m back and forth from black top to dirt to grass so I’m toying w the gearing as well w 2.2 -2.9 wheels.

Got pics? U still using the stock senton body w their set up? I’m trying to find best combo ratio on 2.2 - 2.9 wheels. Love the 18t.

Hi, I have the original body just replace the wheels with buggy size c2 bandito for the pavement and light offroad, what temperature does the engine reach 18T and what speed you get? It lose a lot of torque or not?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back