HELLO NERO, X2 now!!! ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUILTLIGHTWOUNDTIGHT

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Ordered the Diff Brain Nero Tuesday morning, and today at 11:53 the Shop boss pm'd me a picture. I'm working mid's from 18:15 to 06:45, so after waking up at 15:40 and takin a leak... I crawled back in bed! Well I tossed and turned a bit, then though okay, fine let's start the day. This was about 16:30ish... I get to the top of the stairs and turn on my cell phone, and poof it blows up. First off I had to check messenger because the Shop owner was the first pm, and there it was. A picture of my new still in the box Nero Monster Truck!!! Oh and now it's on like Donkey Kong!!! I threw myself together as best as I could, and off to the Shop I was going!!! I get there and head to for the RC area in the back of the Shop. The shipping box was opened and the Nero was lookin straight at me!!! Oh yeah, I grab it out of the box and head for the register line... Good news is, it's been prepaid for ;) So after signing on the receipt I was headed for home... I get home and head to maverick for a Soda pop, and finally get back home again. Just in time to get ready for work!!!... Oh story of my life... It's going to be pretty close to impossible for me to sleep tomorrow morning!!! And after I wake up. I have plenty of things to do before I can play with the Soldering Iron... But the Nero is at home and that's a wonderful feeling!!! I have read lot's of great things on this Arrma Forum!!! I am grateful to be here!!! Thanks guy's!!! ;)

I tried posting a picture, but I'm thinking that I messed it up somehow...

It's always bitter sweet for me that first run. They are just gorgeous out of the box and in like one run they will never look the same again.
Hahaha, I so know that feeling!!! Dang it :(

20170105_165954.jpg

20170105_173601.jpg

I tried posting a picture, but I'm thinking that I messed it up somehow...

Hahaha, I so know that feeling!!! Dang it :(

20170105_165954.jpg

20170105_173601.jpg
Only got this far before my wife telling me that I need food before leaving for the office...

Still learning this site!!! So.....

Beautiful. I think my next one will be the Outcast.
I was thinking that same thing! Then was told about a second Nero with the diff brain, for $530 out the door. So tomorrow I am going to get it.

Okay, so I don't need two of the same Nero. Then after thinking about it lots more, I have decided to make it a monster truck. Well after I come up with the $390 for the new tires and wheels.

Wanting the RC4WD Super Swamper Tires, the 9.68" tall one's with the Aluminum Wheels. Most likely going to be running 6S, so I will buy a few smaller Pinions to test with. I am wanting a monster that can be dropped in 24" of fresh snow, and find it's way to the top...

You will see, the Nero ist a devil in a sheep shape. My first impressions when i put the Big Rock out of the box..
Uh,... heavier than i thought. Than I putted two 2s 6000mA into it an "ran" outside.
First run on 4s in our garden was very impressive with a kind of "Wow" in my mind.
After three days i tried 6s with the small pinion gear and found that this Beast haves some different "Beast-Qualities"!

I drive the most time off road and there is 4s enough for me. Ou´re Tracks here in Germany are mostly tiny small and normally not really a RC-track. So we drive often on farmer-fields, into the forrest, ore sometimes on children playgrounds in wintertime when all of them are sitting beside the oven. :)

Enjoy in you nice Big Car ant have a lot of fun (like me!)!

Regards,
lonee

You will see, the Nero ist a devil in a sheep shape. My first impressions when i put the Big Rock out of the box..
Uh,... heavier than i thought. Than I putted two 2s 6000mA into it an "ran" outside.
First run on 4s in our garden was very impressive with a kind of "Wow" in my mind.
After three days i tried 6s with the small pinion gear and found that this Beast haves some different "Beast-Qualities"!

I drive the most time off road and there is 4s enough for me. Ou´re Tracks here in Germany are mostly tiny small and normally not really a RC-track. So we drive often on farmer-fields, into the forrest, ore sometimes on children playgrounds in wintertime when all of them are sitting beside the oven. :)

Enjoy in you nice Big Car ant have a lot of fun (like me!)!

Regards,
lonee
That's AWESOME!!! ;) I will get some videos of First Person View, so we can ride in the Nero with 6S. It should be TOTALLY AWESOME!!! I will be running on the asphalt, grass, concrete and lot's of Snow. I will also gear it up some. I love the SPEED AND POWER!!! from all the YouTube videos I have been watching. So I know somewhat of what to expect ;)

I was thinking that same thing! Then was told about a second Nero with the diff brain, for $530 out the door. So tomorrow I am going to get it.

Okay, so I don't need two of the same Nero. Then after thinking about it lots more, I have decided to make it a monster truck. Well after I come up with the $390 for the new tires and wheels.

Wanting the RC4WD Super Swamper Tires, the 9.68" tall one's with the Aluminum Wheels. Most likely going to be running 6S, so I will buy a few smaller Pinions to test with. I am wanting a monster that can be dropped in 24" of fresh snow, and find it's way to the top...

Congrats on the Neros!

You may want to reconsider those wheels and tires especially on 6s. Those things will most likely rip apart. Not to mention the amount of stress it will cause on your drive train. Those things will be heavy and probably break u joints and pins. I have Rock Beast II's on my Kraton and on 4s the balloon like crazy at top speed. I they are at their limits and if I ran them on 6s they will blow up. Just a thought...

Also it is not recommended to gear up on heavy ground, like mud for example.
It will destroy the drive train. On asphalt and concrete the bigger pinion together with 6s is OK.
On grass and so on it is better to use the smaller pinion. But be honest, normally this car is fast enough for all we need,
if you are make it faster to the limit, it is not easy to take it under control.
This car is fast and heavy but not bulletproof!
So think it over what you are doing, before you make a "Nerodistuction" :)

Regards,
lonee

FB_IMG_1457285269637.jpgGoing to be doing this

FB_IMG_1457285269637.jpgGoing to be doing this
With the Nero ;)

Congrats on the Neros!

You may want to reconsider those wheels and tires especially on 6s. Those things will most likely rip apart. Not to mention the amount of stress it will cause on your drive train. Those things will be heavy and probably break u joints and pins. I have Rock Beast II's on my Kraton and on 4s the balloon like crazy at top speed. I they are at their limits and if I ran them on 6s they will blow up. Just a thought...
I will be careful running the 6S with the 2+lbs of tires ;)

I know those tires won't hold up to the 6S. Well up to a point they will, but I want to trail drive them with the occasional throttle blips... I will buy a few extra pins for the drive shafts, just to be safe. I will also be geared lower so I will have a little better throttle control. The other truck will be more for the higher speed running. Basically on the flat land, just a little higher speed. It all depends upon what my buddy does with his Yeti XL, I just need to keep the pace of the XL...

Last edited:
pff, if th XL are stock, so i expect that they will beat them.
Maybe bigger tires for offroad, and less-ballooning-tires and upgearing for onroad.

Regards,
lonee

Wanting the RC4WD Super Swamper Tires, the 9.68" tall one's with the Aluminum Wheels. Most likely going to be running 6S, so I will buy a few smaller Pinions to test with. I am wanting a monster that can be dropped in 24" of fresh snow, and find it's way to the top

Document that. Was thinking about doing something like that myself.

pff, if th XL are stock, so i expect that they will beat them.
Maybe bigger tires for offroad, and less-ballooning-tires and upgearing for onroad.

Regards,
lonee
Going to be running a set of 3.8" Pro-Line Racing Trenchers, because I love how tall they balloon up ;)

Lol, thats up to you! I do not like ballooning and blow up my tires.
I had that already on my 1:10 tuned Absima Patron and the tire was damaging the half front of the car when the patron was smashed against a tree afterwards.
So i don't need i again.
About the Trenchers,.... I am not absolutely sure, but there was something about them on U-tube.
If i remember correct, the user was not so satisfied with them, but he was running 6s on a track.

By the way, does anybody knows good bead-lock rims for our car with 17mm hex and offset?
I would try out some tires but i do not like to glue them all the time.

Regards,
lonee

20170107_142248.jpg
Nero #2 is the same as Nero #1, both equipped with the diff brain. I have yet to drive the first one yet. I am pretty excited about joining the ARRMA FAMILY!!!

Very serious question!!! What LIPO'S are you guy's running??? Wanting the absolute best bang for the money!!! With the exception of Max Amps. Nothing against them, just wanting lot's more bang for the same amount of money!!!... ;)

Lol, thats up to you! I do not like ballooning and blow up my tires.
I had that already on my 1:10 tuned Absima Patron and the tire was damaging the half front of the car when the patron was smashed against a tree afterwards.
So i don't need i again.
About the Trenchers,.... I am not absolutely sure, but there was something about them on U-tube.
If i remember correct, the user was not so satisfied with them, but he was running 6s on a track.

By the way, does anybody knows good bead-lock rims for our car with 17mm hex and offset?
I would try out some tires but i do not like to glue them all the time.

Regards,
lonee
I'm going to be looking for beadlock wheels after my wallet recuperate's from buying 2 Nero's.

View attachment 5199
Nero #2 is the same as Nero #1, both equipped with the diff brain. I have yet to drive the first one yet. I am pretty excited about joining the ARRMA FAMILY!!!

Very serious question!!! What LIPO'S are you guy's running??? Wanting the absolute best bang for the money!!! With the exception of Max Amps. Nothing against them, just wanting lot's more bang for the same amount of money!!!... ;)

I'm going to be looking for beadlock wheels after my wallet recuperate's from buying 2 Nero's.

Nice! I am running two SMC 3s 90c 7200mAh. Great batteries and they are $60 a pop!

Oh yeah. They just barely fit with a slight bulge on the side of the battery compartment

Nice! I am running two SMC 3s 90c 7200mAh. Great batteries and they are $60 a pop!

Oh yeah. They just barely fit with a slight bulge on the side of the battery compartment

I bought zippy 5800mah 60c 3s from hobbyking...had good luck with them on previous rc

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back