Kraton Hello. Wanting to get a Kraton 6s but not sure about batteries/charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Dusty-

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
Hello. I am lookin to get a kraton 6s but unsure of what batteries to use. The one thing is I would like to use my Traxxas ez peak charger to charge these batteries. Would that need an adaptor? Would really not want to spend more on another charger if I don't have to.

So Im in a pickle here. Ive read that using the Traxxas 3s batteries is not recommended since I only have 25C 5000's

Do you have recommendations on which batteries I should use and if I can use the EZ peak charger.

Thanks!

Hello. I am lookin to get a kraton 6s but unsure of what batteries to use. The one thing is I would like to use my Traxxas ez peak charger to charge these batteries. Would that need an adaptor? Would really not want to spend more on another charger if I don't have to.

So Im in a pickle here. Ive read that using the Traxxas 3s batteries is not recommended since I only have 25C 5000's

Do you have recommendations on which batteries I should use and if I can use the EZ peak charger.

Thanks!

It will charge other batteries. You will need a charging adapter for XT 90 to Traxxas (adapters to fit your Traxxas batteries to the XT 90s that are on the Kraton are not the best idea). You are limited to 4 amps, I believe, with that charger (if it's the single battery one) I think the dual will charge a single battery at up to 8 amps or two at 4 amps. You are however, limited to 2s or 3s. Which is ok. You just need to run two in series to be 4s or 6s. 25c discharge is too low. 35 is minimum recomended. A little higher yet is preferred. I have been running Vant hard case batteries (I got away from the soft packs, they are too easily damaged when bashing) from Dirt Cheap RC for a while now with no issues. They are reasonably priced and they will solder on whatever connector you need.
I as well as most on here would recommend investing in a better charger with more power but I can understand where you are coming from.

I probably will have to go with a different charger.

One thing Im looking at here is that the Kraton has XT90 connectors. Would that mean I have to get an adapter to charge on most chargers? I been looking at a few chargers and they all seem to be deans or EC3 Plug and such. Im still quite new at this and only experienced with the traxxas charger

Thanks

Typically a charger will have female banana plugs onboard and uses adapters to fit the batteries. I am not sure what chargers may or may not come with the XT 90 adapter. The adapters are pretty inexpensive to buy though.

If I were to get two True Spec Premium 11.1V 4500mAh 85Amps/90C(with XT90) and a Charge Lead Banana Plugs To XT90 Male

I should be able to use most chargers right?

Edit: Wondering if I should get the [True Spec 11.1V 5400mAh 104 Amps/50C] instead. Would the run time be longer?

Last edited:
The bare minimum would be a charger rated around 150 w. They typically rate them as a whole, meaning if it will charge multiple batteries at once, that is the total output. But, usually that maximum rating is when you are using a seperate DC power supply to power the charger. When plugged into AC (receptacle) the onboard power supply will not provide the full rating, so your 150w charger may only put out 120w total. What is required to charge the batteries you refer to at 1c is 11.1v X 4.5a = 49.95w.
However you want a charger that is somewhat oversized so it is not working at or near 100% all the time. Or in case you may want to start using batteries with more capacity or more cells. Here is a link that will help you to learn about this.

https://rogershobbycenter.com/lipoguide/

I should add that, some chargers may not have provision for a DC power supply input. In that case the maximum rating should be correct for AC use.

Last edited:
Welcome. Yes, more mAh = more run time. I stick around 5000 mAh. I don't feel the extra weight and cost of bigger packs is worth it.

So if I get a 5400 mah battery and I run dual at 5A it will take just over an hour to charge or do I have to charge it at 5.4A

If I do that I think I need big charger

Edit: Would a 120w be good? I know its not 150+ but it should do the job right?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back