Outcast Hello

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue and put a small drop into the grub screw hole, let it cure for at least 24 hours.

Don't use the Loctite or Permatex brands use a higher quality thread locker, the Loctite and Permitex brands are some of the worst performing thread lockers.

Don't use the Loctite or Permatex brands use a higher quality thread locker, the Loctite and Permitex brands are some of the worst performing thread lockers.

This reply isn't directed directly to @slick2500 but to the forum as a whole for general discussion.

I think it's only fair that more information be included when making a statement like that.

Myself and many many others I know in this hobby have used Loctite and Permatex brands in the RC hobby from micro scale to large 1/5th scale and everything in between. On surface and air RC's without any issue..

Watching the video linked above and you'll see the results yourself in the end:
threadlocker-comparison.png

The first column (no load, no vibration) means nothing to me. Never have I in RC or in any other project put a nut at the very end of a bolt and expect it to remain there with any kind of threadlocker / adhesive. So again for me, that means nothing.

The second column starts to become a little more realistic... that is so long as you don't ever run your RC.

The third column is what we RC guys care about, Load with vibration and in that use case Permatex and Loctite comes in second and third place out of the five tested. Not shabby by no means.

My second beef with that video is using different types of the same product, with VibraTite they are using the gel form but with permatex and loctite they are using the liquid form. He even mentions permatex and loctite to being runny and thin. This is one big reason why I like the stick blue loctite. It stays where you put it, it's not thin and runny, nor does most of it drip off like the liquid version.

Even still when using the thin liquid version you're only talking about 2 lbs difference between the two. Also, not to shabby.

Another thing is the residue left behind between the different brands as shown in the video. There was far more "junk" left behind where as the loctite and permatex brands leave very little behind. This is nice when you plan on re-using the bolts or nuts.

That said I'm not saying loctite is the best nor am I saying Vibratite is not worth it. I'm just saying I'm not ready to tell people to avoid one brand based on one video that's testing 5 brands and loctite in most tests came in 3rd and within a very close margin of 2nd and 1st while being compared against two very different threadlocker types (gel vs liquid).

For those of you interested, here's a link if anyone is looking to buy Vibratite blue.

This reply isn't directed directly to @slick2500 but to the forum as a whole for general discussion.

I think it's only fair that more information be included when making a statement like that.

Myself and many many others I know in this hobby have used Loctite and Permatex brands in the RC hobby from micro scale to large 1/5th scale and everything in between. On surface and air RC's without any issue..

Watching the video linked above and you'll see the results yourself in the end:
View attachment 23455

The first column (no load, no vibration) means nothing to me. Never have I in RC or in any other project put a nut at the very end of a bolt and expect it to remain there with any kind of threadlocker / adhesive. So again for me, that means nothing.

The second column starts to become a little more realistic... that is so long as you don't ever run your RC.

The third column is what we RC guys care about, Load with vibration and in that use case Permatex and Loctite comes in second and third place out of the five tested. Not shabby by no means.

My second beef with that video is using different types of the same product, with VibraTite they are using the gel form but with permatex and loctite they are using the liquid form. He even mentions permatex and loctite to being runny and thin. This is one big reason why I like the stick blue loctite. It stays where you put it, it's not thin and runny, nor does most of it drip off like the liquid version.

Even still when using the thin liquid version you're only talking about 2 lbs difference between the two. Also, not to shabby.

Another thing is the residue left behind between the different brands as shown in the video. There was far more "junk" left behind where as the loctite and permatex brands leave very little behind. This is nice when you plan on re-using the bolts or nuts.

That said I'm not saying loctite is the best nor am I saying Vibratite is not worth it. I'm just saying I'm not ready to tell people to avoid one brand based on one video that's testing 5 brands and loctite in most tests came in 3rd and within a very close margin of 2nd and 1st while being compared against two very different threadlocker types (gel vs liquid).

For those of you interested, here's a link if anyone is looking to buy Vibratite blue.

My statement was more based on my own personal experience with different thread locks.

I personally have not had much luck with the blue Loctite brand thread locker, it never held anything together. I was constantly having screws back out with it. Permitex was a night and day difference over the Loctite.

For electric, blue loctite brand has worked well for me and I’m using a bottle that is 10 years old, lol. On my nitro stuff, blue doesn’t cut it. Way more vibration. I use red for nitro.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back