Infraction "HELLRZR" Bandwagon Infraction Mega Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Mega 2WD
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Infraction 4x4
As the title states I couldn't resist the scratch and dent temptation any longer. My "roller" is being delivered today. I have been inspired by reading all the build threads and hope to add my experiences so that maybe someone can benefit as I have from so many others on this forum.

The plan so far is to get the normal checks and tasks knocked out and remove the Firma 150a/2050 kv combo from my V3 3S Typhon and install in HELLRAISER, hopefully I can squeeze it all in there.

Going to start with 26/55 gearing, trying to locate a 50t spur to try next. More than likely will eventually build a spools once I settle on a spur sizes. one for street, lot bashing on 3 and 4s and one for short 6s speed runs. I am guessing the basher spool will end up a mid 40t and a high 30t for the @ss hauler spool.

Don't feel bad for the Typhon, It has brand new infraction 3S electronics on the way from JRC. They will be in tomorrow.

UPDATE
Screenshot (40).png

Gotta go, I'll post photos later.

P.S. I haven't had a road car since the HPI RS4 came out in the mid-late 90's. Lots of changes and I'm wide open to comments, suggestions, and critiques.
Thanks
Chris

Last edited:
I'm doing same thing with the mega and it's my 1st street car too. Prefer bashers/sct. I've got almost all my parts/electronics to start digging into it. I've only done bearings and diff oil and have all my different tires to experiment with. Going on vaca soon so gotta wait till I get back. It's killing me!!! :LOL:😁

Good luck and can't wait to see your progress!

I'm doing same thing with the mega and it's my 1st street car too. Prefer bashers/sct. I've got almost all my parts/electronics to start digging into it. I've only done bearings and diff oil and have all my different tires to experiment with. Going on vaca soon so gotta wait till I get back. It's killing me!!! :LOL:😁

Good luck and can't wait to see your progress!
Tires are next on my list! I want to find a few cheap sets to burn off while I learn how to drive it.
Have fun in OC! Nothing can measure up to those family memories!

Wow! Super nice truck OTB but man is it slow even on 2s. Probably high 20s low 30s. Let the teardown begin! The european plug for the charger is cool as @Velodromed said. I cut the pigtail off and its going to the landfill tomorrow with the rest of my trash. Strange there is no uniformity over there. Merica!
20220720_181924.jpg
20220720_182025.jpg
20220720_182157.jpg
20220720_183941.jpg
20220720_182847.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if maybe just maybe the plug adapters for the international air charger from spektrum would fit that charger. For those that want to run the NiMh

Not impressed today! I know 26/57 gearing is not for speed but I was hoping to Crack 40+. 2050 motor never even warmed up and it was fun raising "HELL" in one bay of the shop! At least I know I'm looking for a 40sumpin' bashing gear now.

20220721_181034.jpg
20220721_181025.jpg
Screenshot_20220721-180918_Speedometer.jpg

Bay bash!
20220721_202023.jpg

Last edited:
It's all trial and error! Still looks like you had a blast in the shop!

It's all trial and error! Still looks like you had a blast in the shop!
It was fun! My shop guys that I recently got into RC both want one now! I try to keep a few spare parts and help them along. Keeps them from getting discouraged and I feel good for being able to help them out. I have to dial this thing in with my trial and error to save them some coin.

I actually work on my mechanics Typhon, and he builds my 30k diesel engines 😆

Also a shout out to @3d-rc.myshopify.com for the ESC mount. I broke both tabs off so I epoxied it to the mount then used really good double sided tape to adhere it to the receiver box cover! It won't move without prying it off.

Last edited:
If only the parking lot at the warehouse I'm at was that smooth. You may want to bump up the kv for your speed runs. The vendetta runs a 3900kv while most of the 3s line is running 3200kv.

If only the parking lot at the warehouse I'm at was that smooth. You may want to bump up the kv for your speed runs. The vendetta runs a 3900kv while most of the 3s line is running 3200kv.
I have the 3s motor new from JRC. I just want to be able to run 4 and 6s sometimes. Yesterday I learned a lot about gearing. This Morning I ordered a 44t Kimbrough spur, Thanks @milehighspeed for the spool video as well as a 34t pinoin. Hold my beer and watch this🍻🍿🍻

Another lesson learned the hard way...
Put the 100a/3900kv combo in the LB Typhon and smoked the slipper/spur from HELLRZR first full pull on the throttle. 26/55 gearing. Not a mesh issue. Probably user error but I'm still not a fan of the nylon nut slipper.
Go to the LHS and pick ip the pieces I don't already have ordered and got some wrenching in tonight.
I broke down both power modules, cleaned the rear diff and filled with 30k oil and put TL on the Axle shafts. Spurs come in tomorrow so more to come.
Also a shameless plug for the best jerky on the planet! It's hot AF but it tastes great! I got 6 bags for my birthday last Saturday and I have finished them off now.
LB going back together with 19/57 gearing
20220725_005409.jpg

20220724_224725.jpg
20220724_224720.jpg

20220724_224804.jpg
20220724_224808.jpg
20220724_235250.jpg
20220724_225739.jpg

Exhausted! That is the title for tonight's update!
Got the spool built for HELLRZR and put everything back together! Maiden run tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Also got the "LB" back together. I guess I lost the screw for the "spine keeper" or whatever the actual name is. If I can find a screw both will get a run in tomorrow. If not I guess I'll wait on my screw kit from JRC.
20220725_235805.jpg
20220725_210715.jpg
20220725_235800.jpg

Last edited:
Short update tonight. Hit the warehouse and got 52mph on 3s. I'd be better with the stock electronics.
Couldn't get a straight pass on 4s then had issues.
Back to the drawing board again.
There is a lot of loose dust there so thatmay be a contributing factor and the steering still needs a little work.
I hope my spool held up!
Screenshot_20220726-184119_Speedometer.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back