Typhon Help a brother out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shmack024

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I just unboxed this female dog yesterday and already did this. Can you guys tell me what I did and what parts I need? I'm thinking dog bones and possible diff. I clipped a tree. I clipped a rock. I jumped about 1' and did nose dive but wtf. Thanks!
So I just unboxed this female dog yesterday and already did this. Can you guys tell me what I did and what parts I need? I'm thinking dog bones and possible diff. I clipped a tree. I clipped a rock. I jumped about 1' and did nose dive but wtf. Thanks!
Can't seem to attach the videos. Give me a minute

Not trying to be rude or anything but can't tell you what parts to obtain if we can't see the car/situation! If you could post a pic, we can most likely tell ya exactly what you need.

Last edited:
Looks like bent dog bone.. should be quite easy to see.. it either rolls true in the center of it or it doesn't.. or like stated above a bent stub.. but we cant see the bone in those videos

It’s the part you see sticking out if you take the wheel off. That’s what it kind looks like to me too. Does the wheel wobble bad by hand?
Didn't check yet. Someone else mentioned a poorly mounted tire

No one thinks that diff is wrecked?

Someone did mention in another forum but now I'm hearing bad tire mount. I'm going to tear into the front end tonight. How common is it to wreck the diff? I'm a little pissed because I see dudes launch this thing 100' and no worries. Didn't even run half a pack they it yet

To me it sounds like the input gear is slipping. Then you have one wheel turning much more that the other wheel with no load on either. I don't use super heavy fluid in my front diffs, mostly 50k or less. But for both wheels not to spin together with no load he would have to be using grease. Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong but to me something looks screwed up with the diff.

Someone did mention in another forum but now I'm hearing bad tire mount. I'm going to tear into the front end tonight. How common is it to wreck the diff? I'm a little pissed because I see dudes launch this thing 100' and no worries. Didn't even run half a pack they it yet
Jumping it a 100' is not the same as clipping a tree or a rock. Give me a brand me Typhon and I'll bust it on the first trigger pull. I never understood why people state how long it took them to break their truck. It's not hard if you slam into something.

To me it sounds like the input gear is slipping. Then you have one wheel turning much more that the other wheel with no load on either. I don't use super heavy fluid in my front diffs, mostly 50k or less. But for both wheels not to spin together with no load he would have to be using grease. Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong but to me something looks screwed up with the diff.

Jumping it a 100' is not the same as clipping a tree or a rock. Give me a brand me Typhon and I'll bust it on the first trigger pull. I never understood why people state how long it took them to break their truck. It's not hard if you slam into something.

Makes sense. I had the front end off yesterday and there was definitely grease on the large gear. No oil from what I can see. I will tear into it again 2nite.

Makes sense. I had the front end off yesterday and there was definitely grease on the large gear. No oil from what I can see. I will tear into it again 2nite.
I was referring to what is inside the diff. Grease always goes on the outside but inside is diff fluid (also called oil).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back