Talion Help after upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty Leprechaun

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
So I thought I would be all clever and do some upgrades (front shock tower, rear shock tower, 4mm standoff kit from M2C) and afterwards I see that a few parts aren’t as they were. My shocks don’t fit correctly now and my rear wheels now have Positive camber. Can that turnbuckle be adjusted and can that be fixed that way or do I need to replace it with a shorter one?

1F0E9054-4E5D-4821-84BC-B460A21960DD.jpeg

3C686C77-40D9-4327-B3FA-31AA754A9EF9.jpeg

Did you get the correct rear shock tower? The one on m2c’s website has a ridge along with “TALION” engraved on it:

8E983F17-285E-4F6F-9EAB-7BA17C77ABE6.jpeg

EDIT: I was going by your thread label but that’s not a Talion since the servo isn’t oriented like it should be with a Talion.

So I thought I would be all clever and do some upgrades (front shock tower, rear shock tower, 4mm standoff kit from M2C) and afterwards I see that a few parts aren’t as they were. My shocks don’t fit correctly now and my rear wheels now have negative camber. Can that turnbuckle be adjusted and can that be fixed that way or do I need to replace it with a shorter one?

View attachment 244128

View attachment 244129
Did you get the correct shock towers?

Move the turnbuckle holes on the rear blocks out and see if that helps.

Did you get the correct rear shock tower? The one on m2c’s website has a ridge along with “TALION” engraved on it:

View attachment 244130

EDIT: I was going by your thread label but that’s not a Talion since the servo isn’t oriented like it should be with a Talion.

View attachment 244130

That may be my whole problem. I bought it used as a Talion.

007C0AE4-713C-4923-A94E-E8E60A0FC549.jpeg

That sure does look like it has a better fit for the part in question. Hhhmmm, I bought this used as a Talion but it does appear something if off one way or another. I guess I'll contact M2C and send some pics and see what they suggest. Thanks.
That would go a long way in explaining why my rear brace was completely different as well then.

Attachments

• C6A2AA20-2C8A-40B6-ADC8-37B0884DFE8B.jpeg
    C6A2AA20-2C8A-40B6-ADC8-37B0884DFE8B.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 365FEB3D-4256-41C7-BC74-64301C9C43A9.jpeg
    365FEB3D-4256-41C7-BC74-64301C9C43A9.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 31
The rear shocks also seem really long for a Talion but it’s been awhile… your model owned says you have a Talion EXB. That’s not an EXB in any way as the top plate would be black and “EXB Compatible” and you would have had aluminum EXB chassis braces.

Yeah, in looking at the Kraton frame and parts as they sit, it does look more like one than the Talion that I am not looking at in pics. Thanks. I guess I'm going to need to buy myself a brand new one, just to be sure, in the near future. Thanks

It’s a v1 talion. They were the same as a Kraton except for the hubs and steering blocks to make it narrow enough for 1/8 scale competition.
You could buy talion shocks to get the rear straightened out and exchange the talion braces for Kraton. To make it into a newer style talion (it’s what the m2c parts are for) you need a talion chassis, center driveshafts, shocks, also the plastics for the newer models and maybe more stuff I can’t think of.
Cheapest way might be to exchange the talion parts you bought for Kraton towers and bracing.
As the models get older there are more and more changes that make it a little tricky to know what you have. The battery tray and receiver box tell me it’s a v1. Does it still have the original red white and blue body?

I really appreciate this info. It makes sense. I think I am going to put it back together the way it was before and maybe look at buying a new, RTR rig, this way I know what I am dealing with from day one instead of someone else's Frankenstein. At least I have a goal now and a new understanding of what my rig appears to be.

I really appreciate this info. It makes sense. I think I am going to put it back together the way it was before and maybe look at buying a new, RTR rig, this way I know what I am dealing with from day one instead of someone else's Frankenstein. At least I have a goal now and a new understanding of what my rig appears to be.
Plus, lots of spare parts! (y) 😁

youngfrankenstein11519-1758390353.jpeg

Unfortunately mismatched parts. It's all jacked up. Need to find out what chassis/parts you have in front of you, before going further.
Patience to sort it all out. :unsure: Need to start over. No band-aid fixes please.:giggle:
There's much good advice above that I will defer to.

:cool:

Definately not a frankinmodel. Most likely the owner just replaced things that broke. It’s what we all do. Like you said just put it back the way it was and enjoy. The Max8 setup you have there is perfect for it. I would buy a set of rtr talion wheels/tires from Jennys rc. The light weight stock wheels/tires are great for that model.

I would buy a set of rtr talion wheels/tires from Jennys rc. The light weight stock wheels/tires are great for that model.
IMO I would not buy the belted Katars. They perform bad on the loose dirt and even worse on the street. I would opt for the 4s backflips or something else completely. To each there own though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back