Granite Help appreciated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nookiemonster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Hello guys,
Needs some help,
The plastic on the centre driveshaft of my Granite 3s has shredded, any ideals what could have caused this?

Also... It dawned on me that I’d never actually removed the motor, so I un-did the screw from the bottom, removed the red plastic part, but for the life of me I just can’t remove the motor!!! I’m putting so much force into it but still nothing, am I being stupid and not removing everything I need to??
Any help would be fantastic.
Cheers
Hello guys,
Needs some help,
The plastic on the centre driveshaft of my Granite 3s has shredded, any ideals what could have caused this?

Also... It dawned on me that I’d never actually removed the motor, so I un-did the screw from the bottom, removed the red plastic part, but for the life of me I just can’t remove the motor!!! I’m putting so much force into it but still nothing, am I being stupid and not removing everything I need to??
Any help would be fantastic.
Cheers

E9E61441-F9CF-4D7F-8EEE-77A753CF81B1.jpeg

There is a release clip on the rear shock tower that has to be lifted for the first few mm of pushing the power module forward too. Then I use two flat screwdrivers and pry it forward a little bit at a time. It looks like your bearings are shot and melted the plastic. Best guess anyways.

Hey, thanks for the reply.
I lift the release clip up and try to slide the motor back it’s not moving atall!!
i might try using something to pry it off.
Ouch okay il look into that.
Thank you

Hey, thanks for the reply.
I lift the release clip up and try to slide the motor back it’s not moving atall!!
i might try using something to pry it off.
Ouch okay il look into that.
Thank you
The first time is always the hardest. Slowly pry it off from each side. Using something to leverage the clip on the shock tower helps, I use one of my hex drivers. Once you move it forward a millimeter or two, the clip passes over the ledge and you’re good. Again slowly pry each side a little bit at a time until it comes out.

The first time is always the hardest. Slowly pry it off from each side. Using something to leverage the clip on the shock tower helps, I use one of my hex drivers. Once you move it forward a millimeter or two, the clip passes over the ledge and you’re good. Again slowly pry each side a little bit at a time until it comes out.
I used a flat head screwdriver instead of a hex. I must have fought with that friggin thing for an hour.

Managed to get it off in the end! Enlisted my whole family to Pull on this, and pull on that ?
I now can’t get the bleeding thing back on but thats à story for another day.
Cheers for the help

Managed to get it off in the end! Enlisted my whole family to Pull on this, and pull on that ?
I now can’t get the bleeding thing back on but thats à story for another day.
Cheers for the help
Look for debris in the chassis slides. Also make sure the rear slipper hub is keyed with the input shaft for the rear diff first, then line up the bottom skids. ??

Look for debris in the chassis slides. Also make sure the rear slipper hub is keyed with the input shaft for the rear diff first, then line up the bottom skids. ??
To expand a bit on this because what @jondilly1974 is explaining was the bane of my existence before, once you have the bottom skids lined up, just roll the car slowly backwards (since you’re pushing the module back in) until the rear slipper hub keys up with the input shaft. It should slide on very easily once they “mate”.

I am imagining your entire family working together as a team. ? Hope you all had fun!

To expand a bit on this because what @jondilly1974 is explaining was the bane of my existence before, once you have the bottom skids lined up, just roll the car slowly backwards (since you’re pushing the module back in) until the rear slipper hub keys up with the input shaft. It should slide on very easily once they “mate”.

I am imagining your entire family working together as a team. ? Hope you all had fun!
Thanks for this, il will be sure to do this when getting it back on.
Haha yes it was a proper family bonding moment! ?

Also if you want to aid in future removal and installation of the module lubricate the dove tails with either a dry lubricant or wax... I use wax, old lady has candles everywhere.. :ROFLMAO: I'll just take a tea light and pop it out of the tin and rub it lightly on the dove tail mating surfaces.. same on the red retaining block... works a treat..(y)

Also if you want to aid in future removal and installation of the module lubricate the dove tails with either a dry lubricant or wax... I use wax, old lady has candles everywhere.. :ROFLMAO: I'll just take a tea light and pop it out of the tin and rub it lightly on the dove tail mating surfaces.. same on the red retaining block... works a treat..(y)
Crayons should work too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back