Help Arrma limitless center spool / diff conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bora

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
Hello, I need help what to do and understanding.

i have a arrma limitless with the stock blx185 and 2050kv motor, I want to use it as a Street basher , I don’t really care for top speed/ speed runs, I would like it to be fast for what the motor and esc can handle. I am told to put a kraton 50t center diff instead of the spool and run the 27t pinion, is this correct? What about the 46t center diff, I’m not sure what differences it would make , Will this be good for the motor and esc and not overheat fast, any information appreciated. Thanks

If you run the 50T with 27T pinion I think you'll still have issues with heat, plus I am not sure if that big of a pinion will even fit when using a 50T. I run the 50T with a 22T pinion with a 4585 1580kv motor and it hits 66mph on 6s. With the stock 2050kv motor I would probably drop that to a 18-20T pinion. 46T would allow you to run larger pinions but I opted for the 50T mostly because it was cheaper and easier to source as a complete unit at the time.

I used the Infraction diff with 46 tooth. Around 50.00 . Use 16t to a 20t for bashing.

I’m running 46T diff with 20T pinion in my limitless as a parking lot basher.

Thank you guys, huge help, I got a new 50t center diff for 30$, can just adjust the pinion gearing to match close to you guys, bought alot of pinions to have for all my cars from 15t - 22t, so i cna play with it and get to where i like.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back