Notorious Help bad clicking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan10R

Rich Duperbash wannabe
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
Help I am having a bad clicking noise almost like a snap when I gas it and when I am stoping. I have always hurd it since I got it but I thought was the diffs so I added 2 extra shims to each diff and 30/500/50. And now the it's worse. Any help be greatly appreciated. I tryed to record it so you can hear the sound sry not the best. Nm I can't load the video. So if anyone else may no what I am talking about

Is it only when HARD braking or throttle?my guess would be diff input pinion gear.mine was doing same thing in front diff.skipping teeth sound?

1600037115656314139560360217401.jpg

16000372207045466763885110690858.jpg

I have the same experience with my Typhon and was able to isolate it to the rear diff. After pulling it out, I added an extra shim between the yoke and diff on the ring side hoping it would help mesh between the input and ring. Worked for about 1/2 battery and now back to slipping/clicking. I'm looking at aluminum upgrades to both the input/ring gear, diff case, and yoke but haven't really settled on anything. Disappointing that this component would fail with fewer that 10 hours on it. Keeping everything stock, it's about a $12 repair if you reuse the stock metal parts.

I have the same experience with my Typhon and was able to isolate it to the rear diff. After pulling it out, I added an extra shim between the yoke and diff on the ring side hoping it would help mesh between the input and ring. Worked for about 1/2 battery and now back to slipping/clicking. I'm looking at aluminum upgrades to both the input/ring gear, diff case, and yoke but haven't really settled on anything. Disappointing that this component would fail with fewer that 10 hours on it. Keeping everything stock, it's about a $12 repair if you reuse the stock metal parts.
Yea really disappointing I'll have to look into this kinda new to the hobby but it's not rocket science ?. Thank for the help

Replaced that gear an shined diffs.
Imo bigger tires destroy diffs.1/10 and 1/8. Smaller tires are much more forgiving for landing an braking.they spin when accelerating. Once I put backflips on Mojave.diff problems started.i shrunk my notorious to save diffs
Imo bigger tires destroy diffs.1/10 and 1/8. Smaller tires are much more forgiving for landing an braking.they spin when accelerating. Once I put backflips on Mojave.diff problems started.i shrunk my notorious to save diffs

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back