Help battery caught fire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Castbash

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So this morning getting ready to take my Outcast to work and and my battery started sparking in my bag. Its a gensacearespammers 6200mah 60c and its only a week old. Called hobby shop and they told me they couldn't help me to call gensacearespammers.

Attachments

• 20190412_082940.jpg
    20190412_082940.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 100
Man that really sucks. Good thing you caught it that could have been really bad. Hopefully they will replace the battery for you.
I hope so too. If not 170 dollars down the drain. It sucks that they are located in Germany as well. Going up to the hobby shop in person right now as we speak.

So this morning getting ready to take my Outcast to work and and my battery started sparking in my bag. Its a gensacearespammers 6200mah 60c and its only a week old. Called hobby shop and they told me they couldn't help me to call gensacearespammers.
That sucks. Very good reason to store them in a lipo sack or metal container. I would call gensacearespammers but in the meantime store it outside in a barbecue pit or something similar until you hear something from Gens.

I hope so too. If not 170 dollars down the drain. It sucks that they are located in Germany as well. Going up to the hobby shop in person right now as we speak.
Well i have herd very good things about gensacearespammers batts so i hope they warranty it for you. But if you only bought it a week ago from your local hobby shop you would think they would take care of it. Anyway good luck hope someone resolves the issue for you. Im in the market for a couple new batterys myself. Please keep us posted on what happens.

Did you check your battery tray to make sure nothing is sticking up from the bottom? If it got poked, you might have a reason for why this happened.

RC is the only industry that I know of where customer service isn't important. Companies charge top dollar for goods, but put no backing behind them. There are a few companies that are good for their warranty - RPM, Arrma, T bone (for the most part). I spend thousands a year at Hobbytown and they at times act put out if they actually have to do something outside of ringing you up. If you buy batteries from Amazon, they will let you get a warranty on them, never tried it, but will the next time I purchase them.

RC is the only industry that I know of where customer service isn't important. Companies charge top dollar for goods, but put no backing behind them. There are a few companies that are good for their warranty - RPM, Arrma, T bone (for the most part). I spend thousands a year at Hobbytown and they at times act put out if they actually have to do something outside of ringing you up. If you buy batteries from Amazon, they will let you get a warranty on them, never tried it, but will the next time I purchase them.
I never new Amazon would warranty batterys. Good info. Thanks

Hmm, should t be any soldering or anything going on in that area of the pack, so it certainly seems like either internal damage or a puncture of one of the cells. Hope they take care of you. I imagine it’s a little tough on the battery companies because they can’t exactly have you mail the bad battery back to them for inspection. No postal service is going to knowingly ship a damaged LiPo battery!

When these companies complain about warranty issues with customers, I remind them that it is just a cost of doing business. I was actually asked to go get cash to buy my last 6S Arrma because the store didn't want to pay the transaction fee for a credit card. I laughed at the guy and told him to run the card or I would never be back.

Went to the lhs and they checked the voltage and said all the cells were good. They said it looked like it ark with something in my bag. They said i could put a piece of electrical tape and everything should be OK. They said the only the plastic layer got a little burnt but the cells are covered in 2 layers of plastic. IDK if i trust a piece of electrical tape but they guaranteed me i will be fine.

Went to the lhs and they checked the voltage and said all the cells were good. They said it looked like it ark with something in my bag. They said i could put a piece of electrical tape and everything should be OK. They said the only the plastic layer got a little burnt but the cells are covered in 2 layers of plastic. IDK if i trust a piece of electrical tape but they guaranteed me i will be fine.
What could have been in the bag that might have caused that?

What could have been in the bag that might have caused that?
Idk i have a charger in there with some leads to connect to the charger. Been using the bag since February with no issue. The leads did look a little crisp as well

Idk i have a charger in there with some leads to connect to the charger. Been using the bag since February with no issue. The leads did look a little crisp as well
A charger has a small built in power source for memory. It's possible that's what caused it, But the leads would have had to be plugged in, and crossed, which also doesn't make sense, cause they should have a connector on the end. Do you have loose leads that could cross like that?

A charger has a small built in power source for memory. It's possible that's what caused it, But the leads would have had to be plugged in, and crossed, which also doesn't make sense, cause they should have a connector on the end. Do you have loose leads that could cross like that?
Yea i did the ones that connect to the charger. I think this was my fault and a lesson learned.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back