Typhon Help! Brand New Typhon 3s Not Working Out of the Box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummm you will have better luck selling ice to an Eskimo. ???✌
tenor.gif

I was thinking about picking up a STX2 from Jenny’s because they are under 20 for RX and TX. Just to have as a spare.
I have the Tactic in my Senton and I love it. I was going to get a STX2 just to have as a spare but after that I don’t know. Then again. It is less than $20

I was thinking about picking up a STX2 from Jenny’s because they are under 20 for RX and TX. Just to have as a spare.
I have the Tactic in my Senton and I love it. I was going to get a STX2 just to have as a spare but after that I don’t know. Then again. It is less than $20

For $13 more you can buy a flysky gt3b, install that and use the tactic as a spare.. that would be the better route...

Received the FlySky GT5 today, installed the receiver, went through the setup and... beep, beep beep, beep beep beep!!! Finally! Worked first try like the stock one should have. Really happy with the buggy so far. It rips. The GT5 seems excellent as well. Well made and feels great in hand.

Horizon is sending me another remote/receiver in the mail that I'll sell to try and offset the cost of the new GT5 somewhat. I'm guessing the receiver will work fine but the remote is dead so I'll have 2 receivers, 1 working remote, and 1dead one to sell. No idea what they're worth. If anyone wants them hit me up.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their time, help, and guidance. Looking forward to the Typhon.
I just want to check when you got the flysky gt5 transmitter did you have to change the receiver or does it bind with the stock Arrma receiver ?

Just got off the phone with Horizon and they are going to send me a new craptacular STX2. Unfortunately the ESC had't shipped yet but this tech (a different one from yesterday) said that after switching the channels in the receiver it is for sure the radio/receiver. It'll ship Monday and it'll be at least 2 weeks until I can see if it works. Fingers crossed.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their help and assistance. I'll report back once I get the new radio. Hopefully this one isn't DOA too.
On my typhon 3s BLX after the second day of running just on the street I hit some leaves spinning out, when it did that my steering only turned left even when steered right. I had to put it in reverse and it worked ok until I spun out again then had to reverse to correct again. So My local hobbytown warranted it out for me and I bought a backup eco servo incase the new one took to long.i find sometimes that if they send you just a part, they tend to have been through a better quality control than the vehicle baught as a whole. When I went to go have the Eco servo put in the other Arrma o e came in and they put it in free so i took that one hoping QC got it right on the new servo. So far so good. And to set the steering end point, you have to (with car off) turn your steering full right and pull throttle holding as you turn the transmitter on and the light flashes 5 times then stops, turn car on and set end points then turn off car to set. After getting the new OEM servo put in I went to set the end points the same way and the light on the transmitter wouldn't stop blinking to do the set up. Finally was able to adjust with the vehicle on and not all the other steps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back