Help! Can I put BLX parts on my MEGA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbolotti

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Im new to the RC world. Found out I purchased the slowest Granite. Was wondering if it's possible to put the BLX parts in the Mega Granite. I want faster without buying The BLX. Faster but not much faster

Check around the forum and will see a lot of the guys went from mega to BLS, that would be your first step. Upgrade your ESC and motor to brushless because if you put a Lipo battery with your brushed motor, the motor will be dead really soon.

Check around the forum and will see a lot of the guys went from mega to BLS, that would be your first step. Upgrade your ESC and motor to brushless because if you put a LiPo battery with your brushed motor, the motor will be dead really soon.
Check around the forum and will see a lot of the guys went from mega to BLS, that would be your first step. Upgrade your ESC and motor to brushless because if you put a LiPo battery with your brushed motor, the motor will be dead really soon.
OK man thanks. Do you know the recommended numbers on the parts...as in like sizes

The BLS motor and ESC from a BLS Granite will work no problem. Check out Aarma's site for part numbers. I switched my son's Mega Granite to the BLS motor but it has a BLX ESC. Aarma product support sent a BLX ESC even though I ordered BLS. No problems there. The Mega and BLS, from my understanding are basically the same as far as interchangeability..

Have fun!

For the most part the truck are the same they have some diff upgrades u can do... Camber rods from plastic to metal metal skid plate for the front...... But there limited upgrades for both models offered by Arrma so we find other manufactures for thing like shocks, hub carriers , c hubs, and colored camber rods!
[DOUBLEPOST=1463457427][/DOUBLEPOST]https://arrmaforum.com/threads/affordable-1-10-scale-aluminium-shock-upgrade.67/ Here for shocks!

To make a blx from a mega is way more expensive imo....plus all the things you would wanna upgrade from the blx... Plus u don't need a full metal jacket to have fun btw

I would suggest a hobbywing 120a brushless sensorless waterproof esc and a brushless 4 pole 540 (3650)size around 3400kv~3900kv for about 100 bucks together and a 3s lipo 25c above 3500mah that fits into your compartment about 35-50bucks depending on quality

Once u do that your dogbones will want to pop out...figure out the solution...by that time you'll almost have a bullet proof truck

After all that it'll b a bit heavy and jumping will probably blow your shocks a bunch...traxxas metal ultra shocks for 2we slash will fix it

But first I would start with an extra thick tmaxx body made by parma Inc. May not look the best but they are tough and a t bone racing bumper
[DOUBLEPOST=1463556458][/DOUBLEPOST]Since you're new To this build and I been working on this build for awhile...you can spend whatever you want but a smile is still the same

Seriously tho a thick body from parma for tmaxx and t bone racing bumper are must haves

The slash 2wd metal shocks and hobbywing wp120a esc are amazing

Personally think a metal gearbox and metal toe/camber links are overrated

Fyi... a 2 pole brushless will cause you to re lube your trans and diff with new grease and stronger diff fluid
a 4 pole brushless will cause you to re lube your trans n diff with the same stuff but also fix your diff outdrives so they can take a little more torque
[DOUBLEPOST=1463556935][/DOUBLEPOST]......And to answer your question...kinda

Wheels dogbones bearings servo.....most of these things are interchangeable however I believe you are referring to the transmission parts specifically and the answer is no

You will need all new gears new diff cover all new gearbox and motor mount too

Unless you are trying to go with more volage than 12v the stock gearbox should be fine
[DOUBLEPOST=1463558718][/DOUBLEPOST]
To make a blx from a mega is way more expensive imo....plus all the things you would wanna upgrade from the blx... Plus u don't need a full metal jacket to have fun btw

I would suggest a hobbywing 120a brushless sensorless waterproof esc and a brushless 4 pole 540 (3650)size around 3400kv~3900kv for about 100 bucks together and a 3s LiPo 25c above 3500mah that fits into your compartment about 35-50bucks depending on quality

Once u do that your dogbones will want to pop out...figure out the solution...by that time you'll almost have a bullet proof truck

After all that it'll b a bit heavy and jumping will probably blow your shocks a bunch...traxxas metal ultra shocks for 2we slash will fix it

But first I would start with an extra thick tmaxx body made by parma Inc. May not look the best but they are tough and a t bone racing bumper
[DOUBLEPOST=1463556458][/DOUBLEPOST]Since you're new To this build and I been working on this build for awhile...you can spend whatever you want but a smile is still the same

Seriously tho a thick body from parma for tmaxx and t bone racing bumper are must haves

The slash 2wd metal shocks and hobbywing wp120a esc are amazing

Personally think a metal gearbox and metal toe/camber links are overrated

Fyi... a 2 pole brushless will cause you to re lube your trans and diff with new grease and stronger diff fluid
a 4 pole brushless will cause you to re lube your trans n diff with the same stuff but also fix your diff outdrives so they can take a little more torque
[DOUBLEPOST=1463556935][/DOUBLEPOST]......And to answer your question...kinda

Wheels dogbones bearings servo.....most of these things are interchangeable however I believe you are referring to the transmission parts specifically and the answer is no

You will need all new gears new diff cover all new gearbox and motor mount too

Unless you are trying to go with more volage than 12v the stock gearbox should be fine
If you are just wanting more runtime and speed get a 60a brushless esc and something around 3600kv 2pole brushless (important it's 2 pole)

I used a 3900kv 2pole brushless like the bls model for awhile with very few complications(just ran a little hot on 3s) on 2s (7.4v)and 3s (11.1v)and was very pleased satisfied with the amount of work and still had money in my wallet.....

for some dumb reason thought I wanted more....so I put a 4 pole 3800kv in it and started throwing dogbones.... Had to change everything....new bones(now cva) new bearing carriers new outdrives new hexes esc a bec and what did all this work get me one may ask.....

About 1mph r so slower than when I used a 3900kv 2pole brushless (like the bls setup) but I gained a ton of torque...

what u want do is up to u....some guys went crazy an slapped 2 cars together to make them smile... I wanted to take the stock design to the fullest without putting too many parts from other cars on it to make me happy... Maybe you would like to just do a motor esc swap for a 2pole brushless like the bls and not have to worry about much plus get runtime and speed improvement...r maybe you will buy the first set of those new motors that are the rc car wheels and have a whole new set of issues.....whatever makes u happy

Hope this helps

image.jpeg
Gonna have to print this out... Thx Steve!

Im new to the RC world. Found out I purchased the slowest Granite. Was wondering if it's possible to put the BLX parts in the Mega Granite. I want faster without buying The BLX. Faster but not much faster
I did the same I put a bigger spectrum motor and ecu combo and went to 3s battery still waiting for motor mount for spur gear change but 13T pinion and 91T spur and it flies but will melt the spur alot till i get the mount

If you want to do the whole complete swap just sell your mega and buy a BLx that’s the cheapest option . Of your enjoy getting the spanner’s dirty yes you can change everything .
if you have a V3 then that will save you from changing the diffs, at least .
you need to change the gear case & motor Mount , the slipper shaft & Spur, pinion . over to the BLx version then add a brushless system preferably a 3660 size motor say a Hobbywing Max10 3200kv combo. 5mm shat.
The Tie rods can wait . Until last
If you don’t have have a V3 you’ll need to get the 37t Diff cases and swap over the planetary gears , if you want to go the whole distance .
all in all it’ll cost you more than buying a BLx with what you can retrieve from selling the mega
Or the cheapest way would be to get a BL system with a 3.2mm Motor shaft and swap over the motor and Esc pinion gear.
then you’ll need a higher KG servo just to be pedantic 😝

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back