Typhon Help! Changing receiver- Antenna stuck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1.21 Gigawatts

Reaction score
I am trying to swap a GT5 receiver into my Typhon. I opened the receiver box (and eventually removed the entire box to get to the underside), but can't free the antenna from the tube. I even took the antenna set screw out to try to remove the antenna tube. Neither the tube or the antenna seem to want to budge, and I am afraid of breaking the antenna. What am I missing?

Update: Got it out. Unfortunately "Pull harder" was not the proper technique. It is out, but the antenna broke. :blackeye: My next post will have to be "Can an antenna be soldered back together?" :cry:

Last edited:
The antenna on 2.4ghz rx's are a coaxial cable.. They can not be repaired.. but you could test your hand at replacing it at the board..👍

Looking at the tube, there looks to be glue residue in it. Why would Arrma glue such a delicate part? :mad:

Mad at myself because I planned to use that transmitter and receiver on another vehicle, but not really sure how I could of done things differently. Are antennas available for puchase?

Yes they are available.. but first open the rx and make sure you can get the old one off the board gently without damaging the port.. I wouldn't doubt if spektrum put a big glob off something over it...

Open her up and have a look.. post pics when you do..👍

Yes they are available.. but first open the rx and make sure you can get the old one off the board gently without damaging the port.. I wouldn't doubt if spektrum put a big glob off something over it...

Open her up and have a look.. post pics when you do..👍
All right- some good news. The antenna is a snap in kind, so I was able to remove it from the receiver easily. I can't read the microscopic writing on the cap/plug. Are replacements all the same?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back