Help choosing REAL car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@jeepnut I live in Toledo, OH and have many family members and friends who work or have worked for Jeep. This includes my in-laws who both put in 30 years at Jeep, both at Overland Pkwy and at the Stickney plants. Here in Toledo, you either work for Jeep or our local hospital system, ProMedica. ??

They have been vastly down in sales as its mostly bought by older (buy not always old) males the dbx (new suv) is their last chance at staying alive. Datsun is in even worse condition
@jeepnut I live in Toledo, OH and have many family members and friends who work or have worked for Jeep. This includes my in-laws who both put in 30 years at Jeep, both at Overland Pkwy and at the Stickney plants. Here in Toledo, you either work for Jeep or our local hospital system, ProMedica. ??
You part of a group? I'm in pv4wd.

@DoNoHarm whats wrong with the modern tdi’s? I’m looking at one that’s $11.5k, 62k miles, 2014 year, new tires, new brakes, new filters, no accidents or damage reported. I know there was the whole thing about Volkswagen cheating the emissions of something, but you can get an engine tune for that to get more power and mpg.

@DoNoHarm whats wrong with the modern tdi’s? I’m looking at one that’s $11.5k, 62k miles, 2014 year, new tires, new brakes, new filters, no accidents or damage reported. I know there was the whole thing about Volkswagen cheating the emissions of something, but you can get an engine tune for that to get more power and mpg.
Nah I don’t care about the emissions thing. I just care about the following:
First off, it’s tdi. Say goodbye to any long life out of the valvetrain and say hello to a ton of fuel system issues once those vehicles get a hint of age into them. On top of that, it’s a VW. Too much technology for how poor they make them. You see cars like that get electronically totaled that’s how bad they are. Hard pass, would never let someone I know buy a car like that. Terrible car especially for over 10 grand.

The best first car or truck would be paid off. Safe, dependable to get you from point A to point B and back. That’s all you need. Spend as least as possible for it... Keep it serviced. Open a ROTH IRA ASAP and fund that. Live on less than you make and Save. JMO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back