Help choosing REAL car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of which l, what would everyone here say is the most racer/tuner accord there is? I've been interested in one for a while now.

This one:

1600455711479.png

Speaking of which l, what would everyone here say is the most racer/tuner accord there is? I've been interested in one for a while now.
You would likely be better of finding an already modified Acura RSX. I see them often with K24 swaps and turbo setups.
Stock motors on some of the K-series will take 500hp reliably.

I swapped a K20z3 into a Toyota MR2 (mid/rear engine) a few years ago as a track day car. Had some fun doing my first turbo exhaust manifold with CNC collector V-Band setup.
manifoldCapture.JPG

Tons of good advice that I wish I had know as well.
Get what you can afford, do not borrow money unless interest is below inflation rate.
It's a daily driver, not a chick magnet. If it is and it works you probably have no money left due to gas bill. They will disappear quickly.
No idea on your financial situation but you will have a choice of paying the gas station or have some money left for other stuff.
If you can afford a V8 by all means, get one, if that is your desire. Most people I know have 2 cars, a daily and a 'cool one' unless it's a minivan. That sucks all the money and coolness out of you aka family :ROFLMAO:
If you have a lot of rain and snow, get anything but a V8 rear wheel drive.

Leave the V8 stuff for your mid-life crisis!
Of course the TDi is about as polar opposite as you can get but a solid performer, that is what you need to maintain a steady job. Last thing you want is breaking down and you will if you get an 80's muscle car.

For reliable cars honda/honda and maybe ford but for trucks only. Sport cars reliable accura lexus. Epic sport cars but not reliable over time mercedez benz, bmw and have poor resell value so better buy a brand new to own it until it falls apart.
GM products are garbage and a scam don't get fooled by the millions of ads from ram those things are rolling pieces of crap who fall aprt after 60k miles those trucks are made in china/mexico

In a past life I was the lead tech for Bully Dog Technologies that sold tuners and parts for diesel trucks. (spoke during their product conference in Idaho)
Holy cow!! ?

For reliable cars honda/honda and maybe ford but for trucks only. Sport cars reliable accura lexus. Epic sport cars but not reliable over time mercedez benz, bmw and have poor resell value so better buy a brand new to own it until it falls apart.
GM products are garbage and a scam don't get fooled by the millions of ads from ram those things are rolling pieces of crap who fall aprt after 60k miles those trucks are made in china/mexico

Not quite accurate. HD Rams are made in Mexico. Ram 1500s are made in Sterling Heights, MI for the new version and Warren, MI or Mexico for the classic body style. None of them are made in China.

Not quite accurate. HD Rams are made in Mexico. Ram 1500s are made in Sterling Heights, MI for the new version and Warren, MI or Mexico for the classic body style. None of them are made in China.
Okay got the china thig wrong but those cars just doesn't hold up over time looks awesome yes but the quality isnt there

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!
My family is a mopar family, dads got an eco diesel 2014 ram 1500 limited and my brothers got a 2002 wrangler tj, pretty lifted with massive tires and lift kits.
My family has had nothing but luck with dodge cars. Brothers jeep was owned by two other people but he’s been slowly rebuilding it and it’s quite a tank now. I’ll be purchasing dodge cars when I am older.

@Bigtim29 hey man! I work on those chargers a lot. My local PD uses them and at my shop we do them a few favors. To be honest, just seeing what those police cars go through in this shop, not the best car. Both the V6 and V8 ones from 06 all the way up to 2018 (newest year ive worked on enough to feel comfortable about discussing) have major front suspension issues. It’s almost like they didn’t design the balljoints and tie rods and sway bar end links for the weight of the vehicle. If you were my kid, I’d maybe, maybe let you buy a 2006-2008 RT hemi. That’s it though. Once you start getting past 2009 with the second gen new 5.7 hemi V8, those camshaft problems really kill those motors. From 06 to 08 they were good motors for sure. I can write a novel on my opinion on Chrysler’s LX platform. At the end of the day it’s a 90’s Mercedes E class platform so it was very antique even in 2006 when the charger released. If you can get an 06-08, you’ll just have the normal suspension issues and electrical gremlins typical for any Chrysler vehicle. Past 2008, you’ll have all those issues, on top of guaranteed engine failure. Guaranteed! The 09 and up hemi is a very bad motor. I’m waiting on my 2010 ram 5.7 to eat up it’s cam like the hundreds of thousands of other 2009 and up hemi Chryslers.

Those older diesel VWs are good vehicles. Anything remotely close to modern though, they’re endless money pits. I’m pretty sure I threw up a little when I saw someone recommend you a GDI/TDI car ? some people love setting their money on fire.

If I were you I’d start looking at a 1994-1996 impala SS. Although if you’re not good at looking for rare cars, getting one cheap might be an obstacle. By the way, what is your budget? If you’re blessed enough to want to spend over $15k, you can get a very nice 2006-2008 charger V8 with very low miles that’ll last hundreds of thousands of miles under your ownership. That might be a good idea.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back