Kraton Help!!! Cross threaded my steering block

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratonage

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Anyone ever tried re-threading this part of the steering block before?

1457900202810.jpg

You could certainly try @Kratonage, while I have had some luck in the past re-threading plastic parts, overall it usually doesn't work out so well. Probably going to have to get a new steering block.

Yeah i figured it would be a iffy fix. I got my parts ordered. Lol

You could certainly try @Kratonage, while I have had some luck in the past re-threading plastic parts, overall it usually doesn't work out so well. Probably going to have to get a new steering block.
Hey WoodiE,

I have the same problem. No matter how careful I am, I still manage to cross-thread the cap hub nuts. Any suggestions to help remedy this problem?

Thank's, and happy New Year.

Hi Kingleo619,

Can you tell me what the rear ones are called=How are they listed?

Many thank's and Happy New Year!
Rear aluminum hubs...I have a extra set for the rear
They sent me wrong ones but I have typhon hubs

You in the us I’ll sale you mine $25 brand new, needs bearing
Story is when my lhs ordered them we check part number and all was correct for my typhon,they arrived and we was like hold up these ain’t right so it took 3 months for them to come so hobby shop exchange them completely different so you that link above says Kraton but they are not those are typhon, look for OutKast/notorious look closely to what I pictured there’s a huge diff

Attachments

• 44C6A414-77AD-4319-ADCF-4A25320ABBC3.jpeg
    44C6A414-77AD-4319-ADCF-4A25320ABBC3.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 4532AAD2-60D6-43AC-A41D-080CEF5B9469.png
    4532AAD2-60D6-43AC-A41D-080CEF5B9469.png
    338.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 4BAFB916-7B8D-4CEA-8FDB-DD8E013C94E1.png
    4BAFB916-7B8D-4CEA-8FDB-DD8E013C94E1.png
    308.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Hey WoodiE,

I have the same problem. No matter how careful I am, I still manage to cross-thread the cap hub nuts. Any suggestions to help remedy this problem?

Thank's, and happy New Year.
Whenever putting them back in to the plastic hubs, I always go by hand and turn them backwards first. This way the nut finds the thread and you can slowly start turning them in the other direction. Switching to the aluminum HR ones will obviously remedy this type of problem, but it's not that hard if you just take your time.

Rear aluminum hubs...I have a extra set for the rear
They sent me wrong ones but I have typhon hubs

You in the us I’ll sale you mine $25 brand new, needs bearing
Story is when my lhs ordered them we check part number and all was correct for my typhon,they arrived and we was like hold up these ain’t right so it took 3 months for them to come so hobby shop exchange them completely different so you that link above says Kraton but they are not those are typhon, look for OutKast/notorious look closely to what I pictured there’s a huge diff
Thank's buddy. I'll look into it.

Whenever putting them back in to the plastic hubs, I always go by hand and turn them backwards first. This way the nut finds the thread and you can slowly start turning them in the other direction. Switching to the aluminum HR ones will obviously remedy this type of problem, but it's not that hard if you just take your time.
Hey Notorious J, good to hear from you.

That makes perfect sense. After ruining the threads on my Kraton 6s, (I ended- up replacing it with aluminum), I can't afford to do the same on my other new cars. I do like the aluminum ones, but that can come later.

Thank's again, and Happy New year!

Hey Notorious J, good to hear from you.

That makes perfect sense. After ruining the threads on my Kraton 6s, (I ended- up replacing it with aluminum), I can't afford to do the same on my other new cars. I do like the aluminum ones, but that can come later.

Thank's again, and Happy New year!
images.jpeg.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back