Help deciding between Max6 and Max8 for Infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
Looking to replace the factory Infraction ESC. Already own a Hobbywing Max8 in my Nero, but have been reading that the Max6 is the way to go with the Infraction (keeping stock motor though).

Yay or nay? Suggestions?

Thanks Ari33

Looking to replace the factory Infraction ESC. Already own a Hobbywing Max8 in my Nero, but have been reading that the Max6 is the way to go with the Infraction (keeping stock motor though).

Yay or nay? Suggestions?
If you're looking for more speed I would recommend the Mamba Monster 2 over the Max8/6. But if you're just bashing and looking for cooler temps the hobbywings should be a great replacement.

Thanks Ari33

No problemo..
I went through a very similar thought process recently, I went back and forth between all the escs, finally pulled the trigger on a Castle mm2 with the non amp limiter firmware... then changed my mind and cancelled my order after deciding that I definately wanted to go for an esc with sensored capability... and with Castle products being very expensive due to me being from the UK.

I've now settled on the Hacker Tensoric sensored 200A esc. Its an unknown quantity but its a well regarded brand and German.. so I'm a tad more confident than just hopeful that it will live up to its specs/capability... and happy to be the guinea pig.
I'm eventually going to pair it with a sensored TPpower 4060... or the 4070 ....IF... it fits in my Typhon.

Last edited:
If you're looking for more speed I would recommend the Mamba Monster 2 over the Max8/6. But if you're just bashing and looking for cooler temps the hobbywings should be a great replacement.

Not looking to break the sound barrier or enter Guinness Book of Records with my Infraction. Just bashing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back