Help deciding on tyres.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jammer339

Reaction score
I blew a tyre out on my Granite last weekend and I'm in a predicament as what to buy as replacement. On ebay there's a new set of 4 dboots fortress that was taken off a new granite and never been used for £55 , which in reality is a really good price as sets of 2 are about £38-42.
But I'm torn between these which are likely to balloon and shred again or pay £90+ for a full set of proline badlands mx28 hp belted tyres. Obviously I'd have to change out the hex nut to 12mm or get the hex adapter which is more cost.
What do you guys think ? If I purchase the dboots , I will have 3 spares for when they get wrecked or do I bite the bullet and go for the prolines?
Thanks in advance

If the fortresses work for you in your bash location, I'd say stick w that to save $$.

For me, I use the non belted mx28 badlands on my granite and won't be going back to the stockers. To me, they're worth it bc I like how it performs in my bashing grounds!

If the fortresses work for you in your bash location, I'd say stick w that to save $$.

For me, I use the non belted mx28 badlands on my granite and won't be going back to the stockers. To me, they're worth it bc I like how it performs in my bashing grounds!
Do you get much ballooning with the non belted version ?

I second the vote for standard badlands 2.8 Mx. worth the extra cash. With all tires they need to be inspected after running clean the bead and reglue as needed.
+1 ^

I usually check mine when it's already too late. But i also carry 3 spares and glue just in case. Lol

I blew a tyre out on my Granite last weekend and I'm in a predicament as what to buy as replacement. On ebay there's a new set of 4 dboots fortress that was taken off a new granite and never been used for £55 , which in reality is a really good price as sets of 2 are about £38-42.
But I'm torn between these which are likely to balloon and shred again or pay £90+ for a full set of proline badlands mx28 hp belted tyres. Obviously I'd have to change out the hex nut to 12mm or get the hex adapter which is more cost.
What do you guys think ? If I purchase the dboots , I will have 3 spares for when they get wrecked or do I bite the bullet and go for the prolines?
Thanks in advance

Hello

A good tire and very popular is the 2.8" PL Badlands MX28. Do not get belted hard on the 3S drivetrain with the extra weight. FWIW I have done the belted and it cost me more in parts (spur, pinion, drivetrain), etc. Yes, you get a little ballooning but not like the stock tires. @Camaroboy383 said change up the diff fluid. I like a little drift and drift/power out the turns. I was running 30/10k F/R. I am running 30/15k now but keep more in the front diff.

Best of luck on a decision! (y)

Hello

A good tire and very popular is the 2.8" PL Badlands MX28. Do not get belted hard on the 3S drivetrain with the extra weight. FWIW I have done the belted and it cost me more in parts (spur, pinion, drivetrain), etc. Yes, you get a little ballooning but not like the stock tires. @Camaroboy383 said change up the diff fluid. I like a little drift and drift/power out the turns. I was running 30/10k F/R. I am running 30/15k now but keep more in the front diff.

Best of luck on a decision! (y)
OK thank you . I didn't realise the belted version was no good for the 3s line. I can get the non belted versions for about £6 more for the set than the stock set I saw I on ebay .

Thanks in advance
How about save your money and get some lousie mt or st lousie tires? 25€ for 2. Pretty good tires. Also made for a granite and are 14mm hex. All categories exist allroad,onroad, offroad. Been using the st line on my Senton. Been pretty great. The grip is crazy. The fact one of my onroad tires got run over by a car and it still fine (just a little unbalanced). Anyways I think a budget option would be these.

How about save your money and get some lousie mt or st lousie tires? 25€ for 2. Pretty good tires. Also made for a granite and are 14mm hex. All categories exist allroad,onroad, offroad. Been using the st line on my Senton. Been pretty great. The grip is crazy. The fact one of my onroad tires got run over by a car and it still fine (just a little unbalanced). Anyways I think a budget option would be these.
Whats the ballooning like on these?

Whats the ballooning like on these?
I've run them on 2400kv 4s. They last a while obviously if balloon of the ground they start to unstick a little. No problems with ballooning. If they will ever unstick they won't rip, they just unstick from the rim and if I'm right I think belted ones exist but are a bit heavier and more expensive.

Great tip. Thank you. Can you recommend a particular fluid to use?

I run 50k front and rear.. I don't track race so do not like running thin fluids.. I'd rather save a tire or two in those certain situations.. it also in my opinion teaches you to be a better driver .👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back