Kraton Help diagnosing a problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenwm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Vorteks
Good afternoon guys hope everyone’s having a great weekend!

Was running my K6 yesterday everything going good until I started jumping and landed wrong a few times
I noticed it sounded a little off after a couple bad landings but it seemed to go away and ran fine
Then after like the forth bad landing I noticed that the car was slipping
The wheels spinning a lot but the Car not moving right

All 4 wheels still have power

I’ve heard a lot about differentials slipping in these EXBs.. wondering if that’s what’s happening

Here’s a video
My 5 year old granddaughters videoing!!

I don't know much about exb diffs but maybe the front diff went and and it's just rear wheel drive and no traction. Try putting ur foot on front tires or hold them and give it a little gas and see if they don't soon. And if they do try same thing with the rear.

Looks like the front wheels are diffing out.. front wheel drive only..? could be center or rear diff gone out. Do all four wheels spin when lifted off the ground?
I’d start by inspecting the F/R diffs and report back.

1st spot to look is the pinion. possibly came loose on the jump but wont fall off due to the D-safe stuff. Check to see if the grub screw backed out on the pinion. If not, it likely is a blown diff....if front and rear are both bad...center diff.....if you now have FWD or RWD only then it's one of those diffs that stripped out. Hopefully just a pinion came loose.

I don't know much about exb diffs but maybe the front diff went and and it's just rear wheel drive and no traction. Try putting ur foot on front tires or hold them and give it a little gas and see if they don't soon. And if they do try same thing with the rear.
So hold the car in place and give it gas?

I Still have power to all wheels

The pinion and everything was still in place after the bad landings ... the pinion must have got chewed tiny bit because it wasn’t meshing smoothly

I did put a different 50t center diff and put a new pinion on and it’s still doing the same thing It was

Video was after the new Center diff and pinion put in

Just noticed one of the rear wheels spins almost freely not affecting any other wheels

Last edited:
I Still have power to all wheels

The pinion and everything was still in place after the bad landings ... the pinion must have got chewed tiny bit because it wasn’t meshing smoothly

I did put a different 50t center diff and put a new pinion on and it’s still doing the same thing It was

Video was after the new Center diff and pinion put in
Just noticed one of the rear wheels spins almost freely not affecting any other wheels
Best bet just take diffs out and check them out. like said above it sound like it's diffing out. You tryed to keep the front or rear wheel from spinning? Something like this happen to me yesterday the front diff blow but the front tires would still spin till I put pressure on it.

Probably a broken outdrive pin or sun gear in the rear diff.

Best bet just take diffs out and check them out. like said above it sound like it's diffing out. You tryed to keep the front or rear wheel from spinning? Something like this happen to me yesterday the front diff blow but the front tires would still spin till I put pressure on it.
Thank you sir
Front tires spin when held
But rear wheels do not!!

So you think rear diff is blown?

Any recommendations

Front or rear diffs are probably stripped. Additional shims are needed sometimes right out of the box.
Yes, rear is probably toast. Easy to open it up and take a look.

If the diff is still smooth then like to other post.....outdrive from the rear diff sheared the pin and just spinning....also easy fix

Ok that sounds better than blown diff.... I hope 😁
If it’s just one wheel, that’s probably the case.. or the sun gear on that side.

Thank you sir
Front tires spin when held
But rear wheels do not!!

So you think rear diff is blown?

Any recommendations
For sure could be just a broken pin. Just pull it apart and check out but rear for sure
Ok that sounds better than blown diff.... I hope 😁
I think blown diff could mean many things like broken pin sun gear doesn't mean everything in the diff has gone. But landing on the gas is the mane cause of this👊

Last edited:
Good afternoon guys hope everyone’s having a great weekend!

Was running my K6 yesterday everything going good until I started jumping and landed wrong a few times
I noticed it sounded a little off after a couple bad landings but it seemed to go away and ran fine
Then after like the forth bad landing I noticed that the car was slipping
The wheels spinning a lot but the Car not moving right

All 4 wheels still have power

I’ve heard a lot about differentials slipping in these EXBs.. wondering if that’s what’s happening

Here’s a video
My 5 year old granddaughters videoing!!

Thank you for including a video, it always helps

;)

For sure could be just a broken pin. Just pull it apart and check out but rear for sure

I think blown diff could mean many things like broken pin sun gear doesn't mean everything in the diff has gone. But landing on the gas is the mane cause of this👊
Thank you sir

I don’t doubt I may have landed on the gas
was trying to get the thing to flip!!

I knew I should have quite while I was ahead!!

Never open a diff or housing ...a little intimidated by them 😂 But looks like nows the time

Thank you sir

Never open a diff or housing ...a little intimidated by them 😂 But looks like nows the time
YouTube is your friend......

Alex RC freak hasn't put out any new videos lately, but he did a great job with videos about diffs about the Mojave....

Thank you sir

Yea I hear ya I was to was I first did it just remember how it came out. But you got ur manual with the exploded view in it. Or YouTube but once u do it u say that wasn't bad and gets easier every time you do it

If the diff is still smooth then like to other post.....outdrive from the rear diff sheared the pin and just spinning....also easy fix
Thanks mr Fox!!

Going to check it out...Wish me luck
If it’s just one wheel, that’s probably the case.. or the sun gear on that side.
Thank you sir!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back