Notorious Help diagnosing Another steering problem : )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenwm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Vorteks
Hey guys hope everyone’s doing well well!

After bashing and crashing my steering will not stay straight

I Trim it straight still goes one way or other

Everything looks to be intact

Thanks guys
Here’s a video

How does it do if you turn the wheels by hand? You can hear and feel the servo gears turning if you turn it manually. If the servo has gear issues, you will likely feel it when turning the wheels by hand.

Hey guys hope everyone’s doing well well!

After bashing and crashing my steering will not stay straight

I Trim it straight still goes one way or other

Everything looks to be intact

Thanks guys
Here’s a video

It doesn't look like they are coming back to center after u release the wheel. Something maybe bound up or I may just be seeing things. Servo arm may not be centered also🤷🏼‍♂️ best luck bro👊

Oh, I wonder if your potentiometer inside your Tx is spinning separate from the wheel and centering springs? I had a similar problem on a radio before.

Just remembered this after watching vid again.

Thanks guys
How does it do if you turn the wheels by hand? You can hear and feel the servo gears turning if you turn it manually. If the servo has gear issues, you will likely feel it when turning the wheels by hand.
I’ll check when I get home
Thank you
Oh, I wonder if your potentiometer inside your Tx is spinning separate from the wheel and centering springs? I had a similar problem on a radio before.

Just remembered this after watching vid again.
What did you have to do
New servo?

Thanks guys

I’ll check when I get home
Thank you

What did you have to do
New servo?
No, in the radio I had it was for one of my kids toy RC's. The potentiometer inside the radio (behind the steering wheel) had broken loose from the housing. It was spinning when he turned the wheel, causing the steering to do kinda what yours is.

If your servo is tight throught the movement by hand, my guess is it is in your radio that is the problem. I'd rule out the servo for sure first before tearing the radio apart. But most radio's aren't that hard to disassemble.

I also had a Futaba Magnum Jr that had the plastic end stops for the steering wheel break off. When you turned the wheel there was noting stopping the wheel from turning, causing the potentioneter to spin. I ended up machining a metal knob and internal parts out of aluminum to fix it. I still have that radio actually lol.

Take the steering wheel off of your radio if you can. See if there is a nut behind the steering wheel holding the potentiometer in place. See if that nut is loose.

Last edited:
Back