HELP drive line problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ahlwardt9

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I’ve got a talion 6S and I’m having problem with my rear drive line. My rear drive cup that connects the dog done to the rear drive diff keep coming off and leaving them of the track. No matter where I put the cup on the input shaft or how much Thread lock or how much I thighten it it still falls off. When I reinstall it the set screw it always tight from the thread lock. Any tips or tricks to keep this thing from coming loose would be a huge help. I couldn’t even make the first turn in my main last night before it fell off

Sounds like the set screw is getting tight in the threads but not making enough contact with the pinion shaft.
I'd start by taking everything completely apart and hitting the cup, set screw and pinion with brake cleaner, followed by chasing and cleaning the threads in the cup and set screw. Reassemble dry and make sure the set screw is digging into the pinion shaft, then reinstalling with red thread locker on the set screw and a drop on the opposite side in the cup where the shaft hits.
If there's a buildup of old tread locker in the cup threads or on the set screw it will tighten up before seating itself on the pinion deep enough.

I can get the feeler gauges out tomorrow if you need me to but for quick, reference here's a picture of the cups seat depth on the pinion as it comes from Arrma.

IMG_6715.PNG

Didn’t think about old thread lock build up. Thanks for the reply I will for sure give it a try. Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back