Infraction Help editing together some 5 sec clips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
My next youtube vid will be my 100th vid...I want to do a flyby compilation starting at 95mph,100mph,etc 5mph increments starting at 95 an ending at 160mph,so like 10 5 second clips..tried editing vid in the past an not for me...all mine remain unedited start to finish....any advise or a good editing app would be much appreciated, that an alot of patience is all I really need

haha man I don't do any editing, the wifey does all of that. She uses an editing app called Davinci Resolve on the PC. She was a total noob when we started the chan but she watched a few youtube videos on the app and slowly improving.

What you want at the basic level seems pretty simple though tbh. Pick an app, load your clips, drag clips to timeline in the order you want, insert basic stock transition between each clip and boom done. =D

Davinci Resolve

+1 for DaVinci Resolve

Its free and available for Mac, Windows, and Linux. You only need to pay for it to unlock features you'll likely never use like editing 4k 120 FPS or 8k video.

I have terrible video editing skills, but for the few times I've needed to edit video, this is what I've used.

@Notorious J does some great vid,,so does @jondilly1974 ....some of the best I've seen..what's a good app... @Moirae you also got some great editing skills,what do you use??
Davinci Resolve is a very good free app if you have editing skills. I personally use Adobe Premiere Pro because I am Adobe fluent and it’s easier for me to use. If you are a Mac person, Final Cut is probably going to be your best bet. There are plenty of other non-pro apps that I have never used that you might find a better fit for you, but I prefer to avoid more basic apps.

These have all been great suggestions. The big thing is to just pick something and stick with it. Read tons of tutorials, watch tons of YouTube videos... It really comes down to learning the piece of software you plan on using and how all its features work. Just like anything, the more you practice the better you'll get at it.

Also note that video editing in general is really stressful on your computer, the newer and more powerful your computer, the better your experience will be regardless of the software you use.

I've been using Sony Vegas for probably 15 years, its pretty easy and fast.
I use Adobe apps for all my other graphics stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back