Infraction Help getting my Infraction 3S to 100MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentSassin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Vorteks
  3. Infraction 4x4
Hey guys, alright so I'm looking for some help/advice on getting my 3S Infraction to 100mph. I'm very new to the hobby, but I've been doing quite a bit of research and messing around. My aim is to just be able to grab a triple digit speed run then turn it back into a parking lot basher.
So here's the breakdown of what's done:

-Spektrum 130A esc
-Ovonic 100C 6000mah 4S pack
-20K oil up front, stock 10K rear (rear shocks tightened all the way down, front is stock)
-Aero kit from ACJMods (Carbon front splitter, rear winglets, high speed wing)
-Power Hobby fans for esc and motor
-Hoons gold (I know, after reading I found out these aren't necessarily the best for high speed runs)
-Everything else is stock (motor, 26T pinion, slipper etc)
20221023_133514.jpg
20221023_150811.jpg
20221023_150853.jpg
20221023_151007.jpg

This setup got me 85mph running out of range (which makes me believe that I can get to 100mph with a few more tweaks). I'm trying to not do anything too drastic, it's going to spend most of it's life a basher.

These are the plans I had in mind (hopefully I'm on the right track)
-Going to do the receiver antenna mod that Earl Moorhead did to his Vendetta for more range (pulled the box and stretched the antenna out the pole into the cabin), Also going to bring a ladder to stand on
-30T pinion
-Was thinking of the silver hoons (unless there's a better option still retaining the 14mm hex)

The car is somewhat stable now at that speed (sure as hell wasn't before, had a few takeoff flights)
But is there anything else I could do to try keeping it planted to the ground (someone suggested putting back on the stock clear wing and cut it down in the middle for less drag).
I know a lot of people would probably just go with the vendetta, but I love the look of the infraction, hoping I can get it done. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

What speeds are you getting right now?
Your PB's??
Need some pinions to evaluate better. Trial and error.
Use a speed gear calculator to get you in the ball park and then do some more passes.

What speeds are you getting right now?
Your PB's??
Need some pinions to evaluate better. Trial and error.
Use a speed gear calculator to get you in the ball park and then do some more passes.
Thanks for the quick response, you probably missed it, my best with this setup is 85mph (but ran out of range)
Yup, I have been using a speed gear calculator (the one on radio control info) and based on my inputs, this setup equates to 97mph (all else being equal)
Thanks for the suggestion, I've already bought a 28t and 30t pinion, still debating on the silver hoons, and planning on extending the receiver antenna this weekend.
I was also thinking of bumping the motor timing just for the runs (I know this will cause the motor to heat up even faster, but I'll make sure to have ample cool down time between runs (and have my temp gun in check)

I would go taller gearing before opting for more Timing. Additional Timing is always good say if you got to 98 or 99MPh and just need that extra bit of timing to squeak out and reach triple digits. Radio control info has one Speed Gear Calculator that I use.(y)
Which radio? Stocker? Extending which antenna???:unsure:
Even the RL RC4GS at $64, will give you all the range you need for 100mph. And with the RL R7FG dual antenna Rx, guys are driving 130+mph.
RC6GS at $84. includes this Rx.
Range test always. Speed objective is meaningless if you lose control. Due to poor range. Use your GPS analyzer to measure range in feet and limit your self to that distance. Stand in the middle of that distance. You know this already I am sure.
Good luck. :cool:

Last edited:
Following. I like that rear wing... I may need to pick one up.

I've tried many different esc an motor combos in plastic chassis cars.it all depends on cells ya wanna run to choose motor cause of the limited gearing options with power module.for a single 3s/100mph ya want a 3800ish kv motor..3s/100 requires a premium pack to do with single pack.parrallel is key to good low voltage #'s.

I would go taller gearing before opting for more Timing. Additional Timing is always good say if you got to 98 or 99MPh and just need that extra bit of timing to squeak out and reach triple digits. Radio control info is one that I use.(y)
Which radio? Stocker? Extending which antenna???:unsure:
Even the RL RC4GS at $64, will give you all the range you need for 100mph. And with the RL R7FG dual antenna Rx, guys are driving 130+mph.
RC6GS at $84. includes this Rx.
Range test always. Speed objective is meaningless if you lose control. Due to poor range. Use your GPS analyzer to measure range in feet and limit your self to that distance. Stand in the middle of that distance. You know this already I am sure.
Good luck. :cool:
Yea that's true, it got all squirmy when I got out of range, and I'm sure I was right in the middle of it, because I actually lost range sending it out to start the run.
Approx 20mins in he shows the antenna mod.
I'm really just pushing this so I can have a personal achievement, other than the car is mostly going to be drifting, so I don't think I would go with the radios just yet, well not until I've tried this mod.
Appreciate the help man 👍

You need a castle esc the most,,mm2,mmx6s, mmx8s..tp motor.then ya need a hot racing spool an 34t mod1 gear..a RL radio..about 400$ minimum for a 3s/100mph infraction mega
Hey thanks for the response man, I've seen and read quite a few of your posts, awesome stuff.
To be honest, the car isn't going to be a speed runner, I just want to grab a 100mph pass and be happy, so trying my best to do it without changing too much.
But then again, I'm very impulsive, so if after trying this route I still can't get there, I just might have to grab a combo like you suggested.
Following. I like that rear wing... I may need to pick one up.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2345895732...qtE9vE4Rua&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
It was good while it lasted, I flipped the car and wrecked it...lol

I've tried many different esc an motor combos in plastic chassis cars.it all depends on cells ya wanna run to choose motor cause of the limited gearing options with power module.for a single 3s/100mph ya want a 3800ish kv motor..3s/100 requires a premium pack to do with single pack.parrallel is key to good low voltage #'s.
I just realized that the pics I posted shows a 3s pack, this was when I was just setting up to test, I run it at 4s.
I'm hoping gearing it up a bit more (and possibly even getting a better 4s pack, with a higher C rating) can get me closer to that mark.
Forgive the noobness, could you explain the last sentence a bit, "parallel is key to good low voltage #'s", I'm always seeking knowledge.

I just realized that the pics I posted shows a 3s pack, this was when I was just setting up to test, I run it at 4s.
I'm hoping gearing it up a bit more (and possibly even getting a better 4s pack, with a higher C rating) can get me closer to that mark.
Forgive the noobness, could you explain the last sentence a bit, "parallel is key to good low voltage #'s", I'm always seeking knowledge.
From what I've seen getting the 6s firma150a esc to 100mph is a challenge on 6s,especially with a plastic chassis car. The elevenz start to balloon badly into the 90s making car sketchy.with castle esc ya can 100++mph on 3s all day...or 120++on 4s..my detta has done 124/3s an 142/4s...

For the rear wing, did you try the stock wing but fully trim out the back and leave the sides? I would think you want the stability from the tall side plates before going to the 3D printed variant.

Hey guys, alright so I'm looking for some help/advice on getting my 3S Infraction to 100mph. I'm very new to the hobby, but I've been doing quite a bit of research and messing around. My aim is to just be able to grab a triple digit speed run then turn it back into a parking lot basher.
So here's the breakdown of what's done:

-Spektrum 130A esc
-Ovonic 100C 6000mah 4S pack
-20K oil up front, stock 10K rear (rear shocks tightened all the way down, front is stock)
-Aero kit from ACJMods (Carbon front splitter, rear winglets, high speed wing)
-Power Hobby fans for esc and motor
-Hoons gold (I know, after reading I found out these aren't necessarily the best for high speed runs)
-Everything else is stock (motor, 26T pinion, slipper etc)
View attachment 258453View attachment 258454View attachment 258455View attachment 258456

This setup got me 85mph running out of range (which makes me believe that I can get to 100mph with a few more tweaks). I'm trying to not do anything too drastic, it's going to spend most of it's life a basher.

These are the plans I had in mind (hopefully I'm on the right track)
-Going to do the receiver antenna mod that Earl Moorhead did to his Vendetta for more range (pulled the box and stretched the antenna out the pole into the cabin), Also going to bring a ladder to stand on
-30T pinion
-Was thinking of the silver hoons (unless there's a better option still retaining the 14mm hex)

The car is somewhat stable now at that speed (sure as hell wasn't before, had a few takeoff flights)
But is there anything else I could do to try keeping it planted to the ground (someone suggested putting back on the stock clear wing and cut it down in the middle for less drag).
I know a lot of people would probably just go with the vendetta, but I love the look of the infraction, hoping I can get it done. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Good luck sir .wish you best.get that 💯👍

I just did 100mph with 1 cnhl 70c 6000mah pack..I'm running mmx8s esc an tp4050cm 3800kv on 27/36 gearing...this would only be possible with castle 8s esc...only mmx8s,xlx,xlx2 are capable of over 200a....I pulled 350a on this pull...with 2 3s packs in parallel car is capable of 124mph on 2 3s packs still running 11.1v.more packs equal less voltage drop an more power...

16694809870518334826737708318385.jpg

Screenshot_20221126-101319_GNSS PA.jpg

20221126_103214.jpg

From what I've seen getting the 6s firma150a esc to 100mph is a challenge on 6s,especially with a plastic chassis car. The elevenz start to balloon badly into the 90s making car sketchy.with castle esc ya can 100++mph on 3s all day...or 120++on 4s..my detta has done 124/3s an 142/4s...
Yea I've realized that from a few posts I've read, these platforms don't handle 6s so well...and you're right, my brand new set of elevenz were ballooning so hard at 85mph they literally had a valley in the middle of them after only a couple passes. I think reality is kicking in now and this might not be possible on this setup.
For the rear wing, did you try the stock wing but fully trim out the back and leave the sides? I would think you want the stability from the tall side plates before going to the 3D printed variant.
Yea I think I'm going to give that a try just like you said, I was planning on cutting down the entire wing a bit, but you're right, leaving the side pieces stock should help with stability (after seeing someone's post of them using the sides from a limitless wing).
Good luck sir .wish you best.get that 💯👍
Thank you! But it looks like it might not be possible with this setup, still going to give it a go and see though. K-Bash is quite experienced with this platform, so I may just have to consider his recommendation.
I just did 100mph with 1 cnhl 70c 6000mah pack..I'm running mmx8s esc an tp4050cm 3800kv on 27/36 gearing...this would only be possible with castle 8s esc...only mmx8s,xlx,xlx2 are capable of over 200a....I pulled 350a on this pull...with 2 3s packs in parallel car is capable of 124mph on 2 3s packs still running 11.1v.more packs equal less voltage drop an more power...

View attachment 258587

View attachment 258588

View attachment 258589

They say knowledge is key, thanks for sharing yours, I'm obsessed with the hobby right now so I'm just soaking up all the info.
But it does look like a tall order to get to where I want currently, so for now I think I'm going to just make a couple changes and see where that gets me, I might just have to turn this car into a speed runner and invest in it.

Last edited:
Yup,center of 11s will be cupped from ballooning..1/8 grps are the way to go..much better,cheaper tire that will handle 140s an last much longer....fitting grps takes some modifications to fit though....these cars can handle 6s fine if speedrunning,slow throttle buildup an smooth braking..start getting aggressive with throttle an then ya have breakage..here's how I had vendetta wing setup..worked great like this

Yup,center of 11s will be cupped from ballooning..1/8 grps are the way to go..much better,cheaper tire that will handle 140s an last much longer....fitting grps takes some modifications to fit though....these cars can handle 6s fine if speedrunning,slow throttle buildup an smooth braking..start getting aggressive with throttle an then ya have breakage..here's how I had vendetta wing setup..worked great like this
Yea I've been looking into the grp's, I know some trimming of the body and converting to 17mm hex will have to be done.
Oh i've watched quite a few of your videos with that vendetta, awesome results man!! On 3s!!
I was also checking out fitting the vendetta body for better aero, but apparently it's not a direct swap as I thought.
Which GRP's are you running?

Man watching your videos is both inspiring and upsetting at the same time, lol...makes me realize how far off I am.
I live in Jamaica, so it's always hot as F!! Would the XM7's be good for the hotter temps?
I think I'm going to do a little more research on fitting the vendetta body, I could be mistaken thinking it's harder than I thought.
Failing that, I hope the GRP's will fit under the infraction body after doing the 17mm conversion like you showed.
About that, just to be sure that I'm not missing something, after fitting the Typhon block and hubs, do I need to get that 14mm to 17mm hub kit like you showed, or would the typhon hubs just bolt right up and give the same result:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1154120897...ur+JC3PdIPsH8uBJkTaYcbkLtV|tkp:Bk9SR6CE87mXYQ

Man watching your videos is both inspiring and upsetting at the same time, lol...makes me realize how far off I am.
I live in Jamaica, so it's always hot as F!! Would the XM7's be good for the hotter temps?
I think I'm going to do a little more research on fitting the vendetta body, I could be mistaken thinking it's harder than I thought.
Failing that, I hope the GRP's will fit under the infraction body after doing the 17mm conversion like you showed.
About that, just to be sure that I'm not missing something, after fitting the Typhon block and hubs, do I need to get that 14mm to 17mm hub kit like you showed, or would the typhon hubs just bolt right up and give the same result:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1154120897...ur+JC3PdIPsH8uBJkTaYcbkLtV|tkp:Bk9SR6CE87mXYQ
I believe you would need the typhon cvd axles an axle stubs for those..I've tried the HR +10mm adapters an the cheap narrower ones on ebay..imo the cheap ones are better,lot less wobble..you could go to JENNYRC an see if those hexs only fit the bigger axles stubs.id just go with the cheap 18$ ones have worked great for me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back