Vorteks Help going from stock wheel hex to 12mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mennico

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Newbie here so I apologize in advance.

My son got a Vorteks for Christmas and his uncle went to the local hobby store to get him some road tires (Jetko Super Sonic). They gave him the tires he needed and the the Arrma 12mm hexes.

Here’s the problem I’m running into. I installed the 12mm hex but it seems like there is a gap between the back of the hex and the hub(?) compared to the stock hex. Also when I put the new wheel on it seems like the stud is barely sticking through the wheel to put the nut on. Is it possible that he got the wrong size or offset?

For reference here’s the part # of the wheels. jetko 2804cbmsgnb1

Thanks!

Which adapters did he get? They might be the wrong ones.

But yeah, not all wheels will fit all cars.

Which adapters did he get? They might be the wrong ones.

But yeah, not all wheels will fit all cars.
AR310186 - 12mm metal wheel hex set.

I’ll also add a pic of the new wheel.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just making sure that was a typo? The correct part number is ARA310816.
Definitely a typo
Make sure the pin is sitting in the hex and the hex is fitting into the wheels fully. It's easy for them to turn a bit while putting the wheel on and the hex isn't sitting in the recess.
I managed to finally get these on. I didn’t have the hex fully onto the pin for the full length of the stud to be exposed. I did notice that I have one wheel that must not be sitting flat because it’s a little wobbly and it didn’t do that with the original wheel. Anyway the final question is, are there extenders or something available that puts the wheel out just a tad further? With these new wheels and a hard turn in either direction it’s hitting the body.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Definitely a typo

I managed to finally get these on. I didn’t have the hex fully onto the pin for the full length of the stud to be exposed. I did notice that I have one wheel that must not be sitting flat because it’s a little wobbly and it didn’t do that with the original wheel. Anyway the final question is, are there extenders or something available that puts the wheel out just a tad further? With these new wheels and a hard turn in either direction it’s hitting the body.
I am not aware of any 12mm hex extensions that work with the Arrma vehicles, most of the ones on the market are made for the Traxxas Slash which uses a 5mm stub axle whereas Arrma uses a 6mm stub axle.
The only hex extensions that I am aware of for the Arrma 1/10 platform are 17mm.

-edit- Well I'll be a blue nosed pocket gopher they do make them https://www.amazon.com/Adaptor-Compatible-Upgrade-Mega550-Vorteks/dp/B09B9NG7GH?th=1

Looks like they make multiple versions of the tire including a 1/2” offset that you probably needed to buy.

Looks like they make multiple versions of the tire including a 1/2” offset that you probably needed to buy.
The package he posted stated 1/2" offset. But I think Jetko wheels have swappable hubs like the Proline wheels do.

The package he posted stated 1/2" offset. But I think Jetko wheels have swappable hubs like the Proline wheels do.

I cannot find the hubs anywhere online it is like they do not exist.

I would return the lot and go to the 17mm adaptors. The 10mm offset is nice and the larger hex won’t tear up the plastic rims like 12mm do. -although I’m using 2.8 tires not smaller road tires, so that may mitigate the stress on the hubs…

I am not aware of any 12mm hex extensions that work with the Arrma vehicles, most of the ones on the market are made for the Traxxas Slash which uses a 5mm stub axle whereas Arrma uses a 6mm stub axle.
The only hex extensions that I am aware of for the Arrma 1/10 platform are 17mm.

-edit- Well I'll be a blue nosed pocket gopher they do make them https://www.amazon.com/Adaptor-Compatible-Upgrade-Mega550-Vorteks/dp/B09B9NG7GH?th=1
Thanks. I will look into this

Thanks all for the help here. A community like this is helpful for a newbie like me!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back